    I just want cache-files to be stored on my last partition, not on
    drive c:

    Thanks for any help.

    JM, Nov 5, 2005

  2. JM

    gwtc Guest

    JM wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've not been able to move Firefox's default cache location to
    > another partition. There are several (search) links that explain how
    > to do this, but not for Firefox version 1.07
    >
    > Someone please tell me how to do this before I 'crack-up'.
    >
    > I'm using the 'default' profile, and have no cache-location
    > strings/data in my 'prefs.js' file.
    >
    > I just want cache-files to be stored on my last partition, not on
    > drive c:
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    in the address bar type in:

    about:config

    and look for the entry of:

    browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

    double click on that and you should be able to change it. If you
    don't have it, then click on any entry, then do a right click and
    select New, String, and enter the above in the first box, and the
    location in the second.

    gwtc, Nov 5, 2005

  3. JM

    JM Guest

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:59:03 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >in the address bar type in:
    >
    >about:config
    >
    >and look for the entry of:
    >
    >browser.cache.disk.parent_directory
    >
    >double click on that and you should be able to change it. If you
    >don't have it, then click on any entry, then do a right click and
    >select New, String, and enter the above in the first box, and the
    >location in the second.

    Your instructions did the trick, creating a 'New' String. Now there
    is a configurable [browser.cache.disk.parent_directory] entry.

    Thanks a bunch!

    JM, Nov 5, 2005