Moving files in Extensis Portfolio 6

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve M, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Steve M

    Steve M Guest

    Having a frustrating time moving files off my hard drive to CD with
    Extensis Portfolio 6 and I hope someone can help - I've probably overlooked
    something simple.

    I really do not want to catalogue the pictures once again if at all
    possible to avoid this.

    At present the relevant images are contained on the hard drive in , let's
    say, folder Holiday2004. I have copied the images to CD (about 200).

    I have tried the right click transfer trick with Explorer. It asks for the
    confirmation that I wish to change path. So far so good.

    Then when I start up Extensis next time - the photos have gone - they do
    not show up in the gallery.

    I have also tried individually changing the path using the commands:
    Item>Original>move ; and
    Item>Original>Link

    Same thing happens. It all seems fine until I restart Portfolio and the
    images are missing from the Gallery again.

    I'm out of ideas on this one and I hope someone out there can point me in
    the right direction.

    TIA,
    Steve
    Steve

    **To send email remove "nospam" at start of email address**

    Steve M, Aug 29, 2004