    feat that certainly has me baffled. (Much
    different than using a desktop monitor.)

    Any insights would be appreciated.

    digger o'dell, Apr 28, 2005

  2. digger o'dell

    Bob C Guest

    > I'd like to transfer some data from one laptop
    > (that has a cracked monitor) onto a different
    > laptop whose monitor is is functioning O.K.
    >
    > That requires bypassing the cracked monitor
    > and displaying it on the good monitor -- a
    > feat that certainly has me baffled. (Much
    > different than using a desktop monitor.)
    >
    > Any insights would be appreciated.

    Most laptops have an external monitor port on the back, so you could always
    borrow a spare monitor and plug it in while you transfer the data from one
    machine to the other.

    Bob C, Apr 28, 2005

  3. digger o'dell wrote:

    > I'd like to transfer some data from one laptop (that has a cracked
    > monitor) onto a different laptop whose monitor is is functioning O.K.

    > That requires bypassing the cracked monitor and displaying it on the
    > good monitor -- a feat that certainly has me baffled. (Much different
    > than using a desktop monitor.)

    > Any insights would be appreciated.

    Ethernet crossover cable. You can explore/transfer BrokeLaptop data all
    you wish from NotBrokeLaptop.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 28, 2005
  4. digger o'dell

    riddick Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > digger o'dell wrote:
    >
    >> I'd like to transfer some data from one laptop (that has a cracked
    >> monitor) onto a different laptop whose monitor is is functioning O.K.

    >> That requires bypassing the cracked monitor and displaying it on the
    >> good monitor -- a feat that certainly has me baffled. (Much different
    >> than using a desktop monitor.)

    Just plug the laptop into a monitor.

    riddick, Apr 29, 2005
  5. riddick wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> digger o'dell wrote:

    >>> I'd like to transfer some data from one laptop (that has a cracked
    >>> monitor) onto a different laptop whose monitor is is functioning O.K.

    >>> That requires bypassing the cracked monitor and displaying it on the
    >>> good monitor -- a feat that certainly has me baffled. (Much different
    >>> than using a desktop monitor.)

    > Just plug the laptop into a monitor.

    I don't want to.

    --