    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Charlie Greer

    cag, May 17, 2006

  2. cag

    Ed Mullen Guest

    cag wrote:
    > I would like to migrate over my old email messages and old favorites
    > from Firefox to my new computer. The new computer has been up and
    > running for two months. I don't need to merge the old email messages
    > with the new ones on the new computer.
    >
    > Which files do I copy over?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Regards,
    > Charlie Greer

    In your profile's Mail account folder(s) you'll copy the files of the
    same names as folders in your Mozilla Mail program. That is, a folder
    called Bob in Mozilla Mail is a file in Windows called Bob (with no
    extension). It is possible, contrary to popular opinion, for a mail
    file to have an extension. If you create a Mozilla Mail folder called
    Bob.Smith the Windows file will be named the same. However, the files
    with .msf extensions are not needed. More info at:

    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_archive.html
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#transferring
    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    In Moz mail folders within folders are another issue. What you might
    want to do is create separate folder in your new Mozilla Mail
    installation called ImportOld (or whatever) and simply copy the Moz Mail
    Windows folder into it. The next time you open Mozilla Mail the folder
    structure will show up and look familiar to you.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 17, 2006

  3. cag

    Z Guest

    cag wrote:
    > Which files do I copy over?

    1 Shut down mail on the old computer.
    2 Shut down mail on the new computer.
    3 Rename the profile on the new computer
    4 Copy the entire profile from the old computer to the new one and name
    it the same as the old profile.
    5 Start mail on the new computer.

    Make sure you have all your old mail and contacts on the new computer.

    Z, May 17, 2006