Moving/copying outlook express files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gary, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Hi all
    I am Backing up my outlook express data form Win 98 to windows 2000. I am
    using outlook express 6.0 and i am fallowing the the steps per Micrososftrs
    Knowledge base artical 270670

    I am having problems with importing the mail i receive the fallowing error
    message:
    Impoert Messages: No messages can be found in this folder or another
    application is running that has the required files open. Please select
    another folder or try closing applications that may have files open.

    No files are open or anything running just Outlook Express

    I have alos tried moving over the files onto the store folder in windwos
    2000 but i receive and error message.

    Outlook Express:
    Outlook express could not be started. the application was unable to open the
    outlook express messages store. your computer may be out of memory or your
    disk is full. Contact Microsooft support for futher assistance
    (0x8007000E,5)

    Outlook Express coul dnot be started because MSOE.dll could not be
    initialized, Outlook Express may not be install correctly.

    When i remove the files and move back the orginal files all is fine and OE
    opens fine.

    This has worked fine when i moved files over from XP to 2000 on a different
    profile name and all was fine. I am going to the correct file store
    location.

    Is this an issue with Win 98 and Win2K and would be in my best intrest to
    install Outlook on the 98 computer and save it as a PST file and then move
    everything over to WIN2K.
    Gary, Jan 4, 2004