moviestuff.tv 8mm transfer equipment

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jusitn, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. Jusitn

    Jusitn Guest

    Hello,
    I have searched around trying to find out more about
    http://www.moviestuff.tv and their epuipment, but have only seen a
    couple of threads briefly mentioning this site and the 8mm transfer
    equipment that they sell. The theory of the equipment seems sound, but
    I think it is some guy builiding the stuff out of his garage or
    something (which could be a good thing). Anyway, is anybody using this
    equipment and if so, are you using it with premiere? The site claims
    that their equipment can outdo the Goko TC-20 and other such telecine
    machines. They also claim that their equipment falls just short of
    Rank transfers. Any help would be great! My goal is to transfer old
    8mm film to DVD myself using a Canon GL-2 and Premiere Pro. My
    extended family was going to pay big $ to have this done for them, so
    I told them to wait and let me check it out first. The idea being that
    they would help me buy the epuipment in exchange for transfering the
    film to DVD for them. So we both win. I would like to find something
    nice enough to maybe start a SMALL web based buisness afterward, so I
    need prosumer level equipment.

    Thanks,
    Justin

    Jusitn, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Jusitn

    MovieStuff Guest

    (Jusitn) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    > I have searched around trying to find out more about
    > http://www.moviestuff.tv and their epuipment, but have only seen a
    > couple of threads briefly mentioning this site and the 8mm transfer
    > equipment that they sell. The theory of the equipment seems sound, but
    > I think it is some guy builiding the stuff out of his garage or
    > something (which could be a good thing).

    Hi, Justin!

    No, we don't build them out of a garage. At least not any more! :)

    See:

    http://www.moviestuff.tv/roger.html

    Our number is on the website at:

    http://www.moviestuff.tv

    Call me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

    My best,

    Roger Evans

    MovieStuff, Feb 21, 2004