Movie Modes & Charging mid Trip

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Clive M, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Clive M

    Clive M Guest

    Hi folks,
    Im doing some last minute research on digital cameras to buy before going on
    my European trip.
    I need a digital camera that is budget range (No more than about $400
    USD/360 Euro) and can do the following key things:

    - Take high quality close up shots of people (That can later be blown up
    to very high quality A4 prints or mebbe even A3)
    - Record at least 30 seconds worth of movie footage in a good quality
    format/resolution
    - Fast shutter speed for still shots of racing cars in motion etc.

    Originally I wanted to get a Digital Video Camera, but price wise they are
    no longer a consideration. So basically I need a Digital Camera that is
    better than most at capturing movies. I think a minimum of 45 sec of footage
    should be adequate, but I have a couple of queries regarding the movie
    capture ability of cameras.
    Firstly, how do the various movie modes rank and what should i look for if i
    want to record some onboard footage of me and my friend driving around a
    race track. Eg: Quicktime, MPEG etc..

    Secondly, We will have a rental car with us.. Are there any battery
    chargers that can use the cigarette lighter of the car to get our digital
    cams up and running again?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ashley

    Clive M, Aug 24, 2003