    How successful would I be?
    Thanks for the help

    --> Remove par from email address for replying
    golf, Dec 28, 2003

  2. golf

    James Dunn Guest

    Virtually all digital still camers that have a movie mode are limited to
    320x 240 pixel resolution and record only a few minutes of mpeg movies
    in a highly compressed lossy format. The result is not very good. If you
    have the camera try it. It won't replace a real Video Camera.
    James Dunn, Dec 28, 2003

  3. golf

    John Doe Guest

    Your best bet is a camera with 640x480 resolution and 30fps. Several
    fuji's meet these specs such f7000, s602, and m603 (ebay). A couple of
    Sony's also have these specs also but the video isn't as good, from
    looking at sample movies.
    I've looked at other cameras that claim to have 640x480 resolution but the
    video was crappy. I think one of them was a Sanyo.

    John Doe, Dec 28, 2003
  4. golf

    Ron Hunter Guest

    golf wrote:

    > Hi group:
    > I'm looking at a kodak 6440, I want to use it in movie mode for
    > viewing golfing etc.
    >
    > How successful would I be?
    > Thanks for the help
    >
    > --> Remove par from email address for replying

    Probably not too useful. The frame rate and resolution is vastly poorer
    than you would need for analyzing your swing. If you just want to
    document the kid in the cake at a 1st birthday party, it's great.
    Catching something that moves, such as a fountain, on vacation, fine.
    Don't expect it to replace a camcorder.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 28, 2003
  5. golf

    Frank ess Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > golf wrote:
    >
    >> Hi group:
    >> I'm looking at a kodak 6440, I want to use it in movie mode for
    >> viewing golfing etc.
    >>
    >> How successful would I be?
    >> Thanks for the help
    >>
    >> --> Remove par from email address for replying

    > Probably not too useful. The frame rate and resolution is vastly
    > poorer than you would need for analyzing your swing. If you just
    > want to document the kid in the cake at a 1st birthday party, it's
    > great. Catching something that moves, such as a fountain, on
    > vacation, fine. Don't expect it to replace a camcorder.

    One example from a 3MP camera (Minolta Dimage Xt), ~2MP .WMV file:
    http://www.fototime.com/00091D6C9BCAE3B/conv.wmv
    Frank ess, Dec 28, 2003