    when I check MOvie Maker 2 info, it says it's ver. 5.1 but nothing about it
    being Movie Maker 2.

    As you can see, I'm new at Movie Maker! Just learning - thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?YWxlbmFzbW9t?=, May 7, 2006

  2. "alenasmom" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I would like to know if I have Movie Maker 2. My computer automaticallyd
    > downloads updates from Microsoft and it appears Service Pack 2 has been
    > installed. I read somewhere that Movie Maker 2 was included in SP2, however
    > when I check MOvie Maker 2 info, it says it's ver. 5.1 but nothing about it
    > being Movie Maker 2.

    Clarify Please: You would like to know if you have Movie Maker 2, but when you
    check Movie Maker 2 Info it says you have version 5.1? Didn't you just answer
    your own question? Look again, are you sure that's 5.1 and not 2.1?

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Bigus Di©kus, May 7, 2006

  3. 5.1 must surely be the version of Windows (Windows XP, that is).
    If you press [WINDOWS]->[BREAK] you should be able to see if you have
    service pack 2 in the "System Properties" general-page.

    Gorm Braarvig, May 8, 2006
  4. If you go to the Help menu then click on About Windows Movie Maker, it should
    list the Movie Maker version 2 lines down from where you see "Version 5.1",
    which should be the Windows version with build & service pack info.

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=, May 9, 2006
  5. Thank you.
    Alenasmom

    =?Utf-8?B?YWxlbmFzbW9t?=, May 9, 2006
  6. Thank you for your detailed instructions - it is ver. 2.1.
    Alenasmom

    =?Utf-8?B?YWxlbmFzbW9t?=, May 9, 2006
  7. Sure thing, anytime. I'm in the tech support biz; I love to help people. It
    makes me feel better about myself.

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=, May 10, 2006
  8. Russell,

    I'm a Movie Maker newbie too. Can you help me with this problem? I created a
    movie using MM 2.1 on my desktop machine, nothing fancy just imported some
    scans and added an audio track. Then I zipped the MM file and the scans,
    dropped onto a memory stick and copied to my laptop's hard drive. After
    unzipping the files, I opened MM with the movie and all the scans in the
    movie appeared with red "x" in the frames. I re-imported the pictures and
    still nothing in the movie. The files were not renamed from the desktop to
    the laptop. What am I doing wrong?

    I tried moving the files to the "My Videos" folder thinking that maybe XP
    wants this to be hardwired, but still no luck.

    Any help you can give me would be HUGELY APPRECIATED!!

    Tim

    =?Utf-8?B?dHJvc2ExMg==?=, Oct 6, 2006
  9. Russell,

    =?Utf-8?B?dHJvc2ExMg==?=, Oct 6, 2006