    of the movies

    thanks

    Rictor

    Rictor, Oct 2, 2003

  2. > I only like widescreen personally but my dad loves fullscreen--he
    > thinks he sees more there is no convincing him--but anyway will more
    > DVD's have both aspect ratios or is it a once in a blue moon thing?

    Many older DVDs are availible only in WS. However, most current
    releases are offered in both versions. As for having them both
    in the same package, some studios do that more than others. Warner
    Bros. and Columbia/Tri-Star used to be very fond of the practice,
    and MGM did it fairly often as well.

    > just curious cause it was great to have a DVD that both me and my dad
    > can enjoy without him complaining how I only buy the "small" versions
    > of the movies

    Have you shown him side-by-side comparisons? There are some excellent
    visual aids at www.widescreen.org .

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com