    continously adjust exposure while shooting a movie (pref 30fps)?

    I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    remained fixed throughout the movie, resulting in over/under-exposed movies.
    For example: John Smith, Dec 15, 2003

  2. For example: John Smith

    Ten Guest

    > Can anyone please tell me which digital cameras will automatically and
    > continously adjust exposure while shooting a movie (pref 30fps)?

    Minolta A1

    > I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    > remained fixed throughout the movie, resulting in over/under-exposed

    movies.

    Yes, noticed that on my Ixus V3 (230) also.

    Ten
    Ten, Dec 15, 2003

  3. For example: John Smith

    Ron Hunter Guest

    For example: John Smith wrote:

    > Can anyone please tell me which digital cameras will automatically and
    > continously adjust exposure while shooting a movie (pref 30fps)?
    >
    > I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    > remained fixed throughout the movie, resulting in over/under-exposed movies.

    My Kodak DX3600 does, but it is somewhat slow to respond, and won't
    allow use of the zoom. NOt sure why some cameras impose such
    restrictions on movie modes. Perhaps they are trying not to infringe on
    the camcorder market.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 16, 2003
  4. For example: John Smith

    agent yelow Guest

    For example: John Smith wrote:
    > Can anyone please tell me which digital cameras will automatically and
    > continously adjust exposure while shooting a movie (pref 30fps)?
    >
    > I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    > remained fixed throughout the movie, resulting in over/under-exposed movies.

    get a dv camcorder instead of dicking with a digital camera for this
    agent yelow, Dec 16, 2003
  5. For example: John Smith

    Ron Hunter Guest

    agent yelow wrote:
    > For example: John Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone please tell me which digital cameras will automatically and
    >> continously adjust exposure while shooting a movie (pref 30fps)?
    >>
    >> I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    >> remained fixed throughout the movie, resulting in over/under-exposed
    >> movies.
    >>

    > get a dv camcorder instead of dicking with a digital camera for this

    Sure, for a few 30 second clips I am going to carry another device, and
    spend %500-$1500? I think not. With vd camcorders offering 3 mp stills
    and some cameras offering 720x480 resolution movies, the product lines
    seem to be merging.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 16, 2003
  6. For example: John Smith

    gr Guest

    "For example: John Smith" <1@2.3> wrote

    > Can anyone please tell me which digital cameras will automatically and
    > continously adjust exposure while shooting a movie (pref 30fps)?
    >
    > I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    > remained fixed throughout the movie, resulting in over/under-exposed

    movies.

    I'm quite surprised at that. I figured all digicams would adjust the
    exposure while in movie mode (my Olympus cameras do). Are you sure you've
    got the camera controls set to automatic, and you're not using some manual
    mode?
    gr, Dec 17, 2003
  7. For example: John Smith

    dsco Guest

    "For example: John Smith" <1@2.3> wrote:

    >Can anyone please tell me which digital cameras will automatically and
    >continously adjust exposure while shooting a movie (pref 30fps)?
    >
    >I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    >remained fixed throughout the movie, resulting in over/under-exposed movies.

    The Casio Exilim EX-M2 automatically adjusts exposure during movies. As
    far as "continuously", if you pan from a light to a dark scene or
    vice-versa, the exposure adjustment occurs in noticeable steps. I believe
    that all of the Exilims that will take movies will adjust exposure.
    dsco, Dec 23, 2003
  8. For example: John Smith

    Bill Guest

    Maybe you missed my reply a few days ago. Fuji S602 (and the newer S7000)
    adjust exposure during movie shooting. They are also the only digital
    cameras, as far as I know, that can take full size VGA (640x480) movies at
    30 frames per second, with audio.

    Bill

    Bill, Dec 23, 2003