    exposure is locked at the beginning of the movie. If the lighting condition
    changes during movie ... well too bad for your movie !

    Thanks

    Baxter, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Baxter

    TC Guest

    I tried the 3700 for a week or so. In the video mode it does adjust for the
    lighting conditions. One drawback though is that there may be an
    audio/video sync problem, where the audio is slightly off sync. I was able
    to fix mine by converting the video to an .avi file, and using Virtualdub to
    resync the audio (in the Audio Skew correction option), using -300ms.

    Not sure if the fast Pansonic SD cards would fix it or not. Personally I
    think its a bug in the camera. I really liked the camera otherwise.

    The Canon S1 has an excellent video mode also, of 640x480 30fps, and allows
    you to zoom also while the video is going.

    TC, Sep 9, 2004