Movie and sound is asynchronous after burnning a DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Oliver Habegger, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Hi news group

    I am using Nero (v6.3.1.17) to burn some small AVI files (200 - 400MB) down
    to DVDs. What I am facing is something strange. Sometimes, the sound of the
    DVD gets asynchronous with the movie. This can start after a few minutes and
    gets worst during the movie. Means the sound is delayed at the end by a few
    seconds. Quite annoying!

    When I check the AVI file on the PC, everything looks fine, but as soon as
    it is burned, the delay is there.

    Anyone having any idea what the problem could be ? Not enough memory maybe
    (only 256 MB) ?

    Thanks and bye,
    Oliver

    Oliver Habegger, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Oliver Habegger

    ML-78 Guest

    Oliver Habegger skrev:

    > I am using Nero (v6.3.1.17) to burn some small AVI files (200 - 400MB)

    down
    > to DVDs. What I am facing is something strange. Sometimes, the sound

    of the
    > DVD gets asynchronous with the movie. This can start after a few

    minutes and
    > gets worst during the movie. Means the sound is delayed at the end by

    a few
    > seconds. Quite annoying!

    Sounds like either picture or sound is set to run at an incorrect speed.
    If you're making an NTSC disc, make sure the frame rate is 23.976 and
    not 24 or else a problem like you describe will occur.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Aug 31, 2004