Move to parent directory

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Danny Colyer, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    In one of the older versions of Firefox (probably 0.8) I had an
    extension which allowed me to hit alt-up to move to the parent directory
    of the current page, e.g. from my own homepage:

    I could hit alt-up and I would go to:
    <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/>

    I then upgraded FF and the extension was no longer available. I really
    miss that extension and I'd like to keep an eye open for when it becomes
    available in whatever version I happen to be running by then, but I
    can't remember what it was. Does it ring any bells with anyone?

    I'm now running 1.0PR. I'll move to 1.0 when a few more of the
    extensions that I use are available. (Most important is that the Walnut
    theme is available - mozilla.org says that it is, but when I installed
    1.0 this afternoon the theme wouldn't work, so I reinstalled 1.0PR).

    Danny Colyer, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Danny Colyer

    Splibbilla Guest

    Danny Colyer <> in news:cn83f0$pd3$:

    > In one of the older versions of Firefox (probably 0.8) I had an
    > extension which allowed me to hit alt-up to move to the parent directory
    > of the current page

    one of the buttons in moz 1.7 Googlebar extension is teh 'up folder' button

    googlebar version in mine is 0.9.0.28

    FWIW :)

    --
    ....like Candlewax Castles made of custard Jell-O

    Splibbilla, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Danny Colyer

    MLC Guest

    _Danny Colyer_, domenica 14/nov/2004:

    > In one of the older versions of Firefox (probably 0.8) I had an
    > extension which allowed me to hit alt-up to move to the parent directory
    > of the current page, e.g. from my own homepage:
    > <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
    >
    > I could hit alt-up and I would go to:
    > <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/>
    >
    > I then upgraded FF and the extension was no longer available. I really
    > miss that extension and I'd like to keep an eye open for when it becomes
    > available in whatever version I happen to be running by then, but I
    > can't remember what it was. Does it ring any bells with anyone?
    >
    > I'm now running 1.0PR. I'll move to 1.0 when a few more of the
    > extensions that I use are available. (Most important is that the Walnut
    > theme is available - mozilla.org says that it is, but when I installed
    > 1.0 this afternoon the theme wouldn't work, so I reinstalled 1.0PR).

    That extension is Go Up:
    http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#goup
    I don't know if it's 1.0 compatible, because now I'm using Diggler 0.9:
    http://diggler.mozdev.org/
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 15/11/2004 9.11.16

    MLC, Nov 15, 2004
  4. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    MLC wrote:
    > That extension is Go Up:
    > http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#goup

    That's the one.

    > I don't know if it's 1.0 compatible, because now I'm using Diggler 0.9:
    > http://diggler.mozdev.org/

    Yes it is 1.0 compatible. I've now installed it and it works, thanks.

    I tried Diggler, but couldn't find any use for it.

    Thanks to Splibbilla for your suggestion, too (and anyone else who may
    have replied and it hasn't reached me yet).

    Danny Colyer, Nov 15, 2004