    (smaller) to another (new and larger)

    I use to do this with Mac, but I know PC operating systems makes it
    difficult.

    ron, Feb 18, 2005

  2. ron wrote:

    > Is it possible to move/copy the contents and the XP system from one drvie
    > (smaller) to another (new and larger)
    >
    > I use to do this with Mac, but I know PC operating systems makes it
    > difficult.

    Norton Ghost will do it. Just did it about an hour ago for someone,
    moved XP from a 3GB to a 30GB and it only took a few minutes.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 18, 2005

  3. ron

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    | ron wrote:
    |
    | > Is it possible to move/copy the contents and the XP system from one
    drvie
    | > (smaller) to another (new and larger)
    | >
    | > I use to do this with Mac, but I know PC operating systems makes it
    | > difficult.
    |

    | Norton Ghost will do it. Just did it about an hour ago for someone,
    | moved XP from a 3GB to a 30GB and it only took a few minutes.

    If someone doesn't have Ghost (or other similar software), the hard drive
    setup utility usually has the option to "copy partition" from the old drive
    to the new one. You can download the utility from the web site of the
    manufacturer of the new drive.
    Toolman Tim, Feb 19, 2005