    highliting them and then right clicking and selecting print gets prompted to
    move then copy the files before they start printing.

    Does anyone know a way to disable this?
    Matt Curly Heslop USAF, Apr 16, 2008

  2. Hi there Matt,

    I tried duplicating it on my machine and here's what I found.

    If you select multiple items on the desktop, sometimes what happens is as
    you move to another object, you'll still have the mouse button held down for
    a second. If it is, you actually start to drag the objects to another spot
    on the folder or desktop, causing both XP and Vista to prompt you if you want
    to Move or Copy the files.

    Try this. Exaggerate your moves. Hold the CTRL key, click and release on a
    document, then move your mouse to another document, and do the exaggerated
    click and release again. Try to print and see what happens.

    Let me know if it works!

    Best Regards,

    Will

    William Anderson, Apr 17, 2008

  3. William, you're my hero. That was it!

    Thank you.

    "Curly"

    Matt Curly Heslop USAF, Apr 17, 2008
  4. Anytime Matt:)

    William Anderson, Apr 17, 2008
  5. Oops seems I spoke too soon. That worked for me but not the user.

    User is still having the same problem even when being careful to click one
    item at a time or by using Shift+click to select a series.

    Matt Curly Heslop USAF, Apr 17, 2008
  6. Try swapping mice and see if that resolves it. Might be a stuck button issue.

    William Anderson, Apr 17, 2008
  7. Nope wasn't the mouse either.
    I'm to the point that I think nothing will fix this.
    I've removed printers updated print drivers etc with no resolution.
    Matt Curly Heslop USAF, Apr 18, 2008
  8. Lets not give up yet.

    If you're logged into the users machine as yourself, do you have the same
    issue? If not, it may be a profile thing. If so, I'm still leaning towards
    hardware.

    William Anderson, Apr 21, 2008
  9. After much searching I found this.
    Delete the "copy to" and "sent to" reg keys from
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesSystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

    This fixed it on every machine I was having this issue on.

    Matt Curly Heslop USAF, Jul 9, 2008