    however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
    Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
    -- Roope
    roope, May 25, 2006

  2. roope

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 25 May 2006 02:48:27 -0700, "roope" <> exclaimed:

    >This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
    >however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
    >Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
    >-- Roope

    VLC is a fantastic player, however it's interface is poos.

    Better to install the (free) K-Lite Codec Pack, then just use WinAmp.
    We used VLC for a long time, but got sick of the bugs and crappy
    interface.
    Fred Dagg, May 25, 2006

  3. roope

    XPD Guest

    "roope" <> wrote in message
    > This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
    > however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
    > Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
    > -- Roope

    Sounds like it dosent support MOV, thats all.... I personally use Media
    Player Classic.
    Seems to handle everything without any big overheads.
    XPD, May 25, 2006
  4. roope

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2006-05-25, roope <> wrote:
    > This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
    > however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
    > Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.

    works for me usually.

    what codec is it missing needed? (usually it writes messages in a console)

    try mplayer instead.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen
    Jasen Betts, May 26, 2006
  5. roope

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On 25 May 2006 02:48:27 -0700, "roope" <> exclaimed:
    >
    >> This player looks promising. When installed I chose all video formats,
    >> however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
    >> Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
    >> -- Roope

    > VLC is a fantastic player, however it's interface is poos.

    Heh, you should try mplayer on Windows :)

    (Although a GUI is due soon).

    VLC really is good, I often notice far better rendering compared to
    other players that I use.
    -=rjh=-, May 27, 2006