    Kensington doesn't support Linux.

    Regards
    Miguel
    Miguel, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Miguel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Miguel wrote:
    > Hi all...Just posted to Ubuntuforums so I thought I'd try here as
    > well....
    >
    > Anyone know how to get the mouse to automatically jump to a dialog
    > pop-up box using Ubuntu Feisty (Gnome).
    >
    > For example... I modify a text document then click on X in the top
    > right hand corner to exit the document. A dialog pop-up box appears
    > in the middle of the screen saying "You have modified the document.
    > Save changes. Yes. No"....and the mouse pointer automatically jumps
    > from the top right hand corner to the "Yes" button (cos it has the
    > focus).
    >
    > I had the option when I originally installed Mouseworks supplied with
    > my Kensington trackball back in my XP days. But (surprise, surprise)
    > Kensington doesn't support Linux.

    Sorry, can't help you. Just thought I'd mention that you don't need 3rd
    party software to do that in XP, it's an option on (I think) the third tab
    on the "Mouse" section in Control Panel. I'm lost without it, far less
    productive. ;-)
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 7, 2007

  3. In message <f47qau$ml$>, Miguel wrote:

    > A dialog pop-up box appears in the
    > middle of the screen saying "You have modified the document. Save
    > changes. Yes. No"....and the mouse pointer automatically jumps from the
    > top right hand corner to the "Yes" button (cos it has the focus).

    Wouldn't it be quicker to just press Enter? (or Escape to cancel.)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 7, 2007
  4. In article <46678452$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >Miguel wrote:
    >> Hi all...Just posted to Ubuntuforums so I thought I'd try here as
    >> well....
    >>
    >> Anyone know how to get the mouse to automatically jump to a dialog
    >> pop-up box using Ubuntu Feisty (Gnome).
    >>
    >> For example... I modify a text document then click on X in the top
    >> right hand corner to exit the document. A dialog pop-up box appears
    >> in the middle of the screen saying "You have modified the document.
    >> Save changes. Yes. No"....and the mouse pointer automatically jumps
    >> from the top right hand corner to the "Yes" button (cos it has the
    >> focus).
    >>
    >> I had the option when I originally installed Mouseworks supplied with
    >> my Kensington trackball back in my XP days. But (surprise, surprise)
    >> Kensington doesn't support Linux.

    >Sorry, can't help you. Just thought I'd mention that you don't need 3rd
    >party software to do that in XP, it's an option on (I think) the third tab
    >on the "Mouse" section in Control Panel. I'm lost without it, far less
    >productive. ;-)

    Interesting isn't it. That was the first thing I turned off when it became
    available ... made me far less productive. I could just hit return for that
    kind of message and leave the cursor where I wanted it next :) :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 7, 2007
  5. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    On Jun 7, 4:18 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

    > Wouldn't it be quicker to just press Enter? (or Escape to cancel.)

    Technically....no. Two clicks are quicker than one click then having
    to move my finger from the mouse to the Enter/Escape key. (Way too
    much effort to use two hands :)

    As a workaround solution for my original "problem" your reply is
    perfect. It's simply that I've just changed from Xubuntu (XFCE) to
    Ubuntu (Gnome) and am just finding my way around.....asking questions
    as one does.

    FWIW, I must admit the change from XFCE to Gnome is like stepping out
    of an Intercity bus after an eight hour journey and stepping into a
    Bentley S3 . Absolute luxury.

    Regards
    Miguel
    Miguel, Jun 7, 2007
  6. Miguel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <46678452$>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    > > Miguel wrote:
    > > > Hi all...Just posted to Ubuntuforums so I thought I'd try here as
    > > > well....
    > > >
    > > > Anyone know how to get the mouse to automatically jump to a dialog
    > > > pop-up box using Ubuntu Feisty (Gnome).
    > > >
    > > > For example... I modify a text document then click on X in the top
    > > > right hand corner to exit the document. A dialog pop-up box
    > > > appears in the middle of the screen saying "You have modified the
    > > > document. Save changes. Yes. No"....and the mouse pointer
    > > > automatically jumps from the top right hand corner to the "Yes"
    > > > button (cos it has the focus).
    > > >
    > > > I had the option when I originally installed Mouseworks supplied
    > > > with my Kensington trackball back in my XP days. But (surprise,
    > > > surprise) Kensington doesn't support Linux.

    > > Sorry, can't help you. Just thought I'd mention that you don't need
    > > 3rd party software to do that in XP, it's an option on (I think)
    > > the third tab on the "Mouse" section in Control Panel. I'm lost
    > > without it, far less productive. ;-)

    > Interesting isn't it. That was the first thing I turned off when it
    > became
    > available ... made me far less productive. I could just hit return
    > for that
    > kind of message and leave the cursor where I wanted it next :) :)

    Heh! Dif'rent strokes. :)
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 8, 2007