Mouses

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joevan, Oct 1, 2010.

  1. joevan

    joevan Guest

    I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington
    one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my
    house though.
     
    joevan, Oct 1, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:34:08 -0500, philo <> wrote:

    >On 10/01/2010 09:41 AM, joevan wrote:
    >> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    >> get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington
    >> one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my
    >> house though.

    >
    >
    >
    >I hate wireless mice
    >
    >the batteries are *always* going dead...
    >
    >they are terrible!
    >
    >
    >as far as mice in the house
    >
    >I now have two cats...
    >
    >One is three years old and the other is a feral kitten that just ran in
    >one day and stayed.
    >
    >If any mice get in this place...
    >they will soon be dead mice.
    >

    I recharge my mice batteries. I haven't bought new ones in about a
    year. Not the mice in the house. I also have a cat. They don't go near
    her. I have to deal with those myself. I tried getting the dog to eat
    them but no luck so far. She is a black Lab.
     
    joevan, Oct 1, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. joevan

    philo Guest

    On 10/01/2010 03:51 PM, joevan wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:34:08 -0500, philo<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 10/01/2010 09:41 AM, joevan wrote:
    >>> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    >>> get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington
    >>> one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my
    >>> house though.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> I hate wireless mice
    >>
    >> the batteries are *always* going dead...
    >>
    >> they are terrible!
    >>
    >>
    >> as far as mice in the house
    >>
    >> I now have two cats...
    >>
    >> One is three years old and the other is a feral kitten that just ran in
    >> one day and stayed.
    >>
    >> If any mice get in this place...
    >> they will soon be dead mice.
    >>

    > I recharge my mice batteries. I haven't bought new ones in about a
    > year.


    Still a PITA to take out and charge

    I think someone makes a cordless mouse that has a charging cradle...
    that would not be a bad idea


    Not the mice in the house. I also have a cat. They don't go near
    > her. I have to deal with those myself. I tried getting the dog to eat
    > them but no luck so far. She is a black Lab.



    My old cat that died a few years ago was too old to go after the mice...
    and a few years back I had a lot of them come in.

    I found a gap between the back porch and the house
    and properly repaired it...
    and have been mouse free ever since...
    but these cats look like they need something to do!
     
    philo, Oct 1, 2010
    #3
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:05:48 -0500, philo <>
    wrote:

    >On 10/01/2010 03:51 PM, joevan wrote:
    >> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:34:08 -0500, philo<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10/01/2010 09:41 AM, joevan wrote:
    >>>> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    >>>> get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington
    >>>> one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my
    >>>> house though.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I hate wireless mice
    >>>
    >>> the batteries are *always* going dead...
    >>>
    >>> they are terrible!
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> as far as mice in the house
    >>>
    >>> I now have two cats...
    >>>
    >>> One is three years old and the other is a feral kitten that just ran in
    >>> one day and stayed.
    >>>
    >>> If any mice get in this place...
    >>> they will soon be dead mice.
    >>>

    >> I recharge my mice batteries. I haven't bought new ones in about a
    >> year.

    >
    >Still a PITA to take out and charge
    >
    >I think someone makes a cordless mouse that has a charging cradle...
    >that would not be a bad idea
    >
    >
    > Not the mice in the house. I also have a cat. They don't go near
    >> her. I have to deal with those myself. I tried getting the dog to eat
    >> them but no luck so far. She is a black Lab.

    >
    >
    >My old cat that died a few years ago was too old to go after the mice...
    >and a few years back I had a lot of them come in.
    >
    >I found a gap between the back porch and the house
    >and properly repaired it...
    >and have been mouse free ever since...
    >but these cats look like they need something to do!

    I could send you some if you need. They might be daid but the cats
    wouldn't mind I don't think.
     
    joevan, Oct 1, 2010
    #4
  5. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:41:50 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    > get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington one.
    > It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my house
    > though.


    A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 2, 2010
    #5
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 12:45:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:41:50 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >
    >> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    >> get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington one.
    >> It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my house
    >> though.

    >
    >A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.

    Have traps, have p butter, don't have the desire to set and kill and
    then replace said traps when they get all messy and unusable.
     
    joevan, Oct 2, 2010
    #6
  7. joevan

    Mike Easter Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > Meat Plow


    >> A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.


    > Have traps, have p butter, don't have the desire to set and kill and
    > then replace said traps when they get all messy and unusable.


    If you don't want to catch (or kill) a mouse in an old fashioned trap
    then you can get a more modern trap.

    Or you can catch (and kill) your mice (a mouse in a house is never just
    one mouse) in the old fashioned trap and dispose of both the mouse/mice
    and the nasty old used trap/s, but then later replace the old fashioned
    trap (now disposed) with a new-fangled trap.

    There is also no point in keeping an old fashioned trap around the house
    if you aren't going to use it :)


    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Oct 2, 2010
    #7
  8. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:20:35 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 12:45:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:41:50 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    >>> get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington
    >>> one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my
    >>> house though.

    >>
    >>A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.

    > Have traps, have p butter, don't have the desire to set and kill and
    > then replace said traps when they get all messy and unusable.


    Ok well then just live with them. Personally I wouldn't want to share my
    home with wood/field mice. They can carry disease. They walk/crawl over
    everything. Before you know it you will have an infestation if you don't
    nip it in the bud now. Hell my mom who would hesitate to swat a fly had
    no qualms about setting a couple traps when she noticed a tiny little
    critter walking around in her kitchen while she sat at the table. This
    time of the year (and I really need not tell you) those little critters
    who don't hibernate are looking for a warm place to squat. That is if you
    live in a climate with 4 seasons. If you see one mouse you probably have
    several. If you don't want to kill them buy a live trap then release them
    far from your home where they will probably die a slow and suffered death
    anyways.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 2, 2010
    #8
  9. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 08:39:51 -0500, philo <> wrote:

    >On 10/02/2010 08:20 AM, joevan wrote:
    >> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 12:45:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow<>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:41:50 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have to
    >>>> get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this Kensington one.
    >>>> It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the ones in my house
    >>>> though.
    >>>
    >>> A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.

    >> Have traps, have p butter, don't have the desire to set and kill and
    >> then replace said traps when they get all messy and unusable.

    >
    >
    >what I hate about mouse traps and peanut butter
    >are the medical bills i get when the trap springs shut on my tongue :(

    I learned when a boy to eat the peanut butter from a spoon. Maybe you
    need someone to show you how. LOL
     
    joevan, Oct 2, 2010
    #9
  10. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:13:45 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 10/02/2010 09:03 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:20:35 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 12:45:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow<>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:41:50 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have
    >>>>> to get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this
    >>>>> Kensington one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the
    >>>>> ones in my house though.
    >>>>
    >>>> A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.
    >>> Have traps, have p butter, don't have the desire to set and kill and
    >>> then replace said traps when they get all messy and unusable.

    >>
    >> Ok well then just live with them. Personally I wouldn't want to share
    >> my home with wood/field mice. They can carry disease. They walk/crawl
    >> over everything. Before you know it you will have an infestation if you
    >> don't nip it in the bud now. Hell my mom who would hesitate to swat a
    >> fly had no qualms about setting a couple traps when she noticed a tiny
    >> little critter walking around in her kitchen while she sat at the
    >> table. This time of the year (and I really need not tell you) those
    >> little critters who don't hibernate are looking for a warm place to
    >> squat. That is if you live in a climate with 4 seasons. If you see one
    >> mouse you probably have several. If you don't want to kill them buy a
    >> live trap then release them far from your home where they will probably
    >> die a slow and suffered death anyways.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    > nice thing about having mice in the house: they have no bladders so they
    > just trickle urine everywhere...
    >
    > how nice
    >
    > otoh: urine is germ free
    >
    >
    >
    > I am glad I have two cats here...
    >
    > they are good at killing bugs too


    Well there you go. We have a cat here just for that purpose. Doesn't do
    much else except sleep and eat and pee/poop. But it loves mice. Never
    outright kills them though, just plays with them to death. I check all
    the places where they usually hide and eat scraps. Behind kitchen counter
    appliances, inside drawers, under sofas. Haven't seen any droppings this
    year and i haven't seen the cat batting a mouse around. Maybe all the
    crack and crevice sealing I did this summer did some good. But them damn
    things can squeeze through a pinhole if they want to get in somewhere.
    Maybe they got the idea somehow that inside my house wasn't the safe and
    warm haven they thought it was after all :)



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 2, 2010
    #10
  11. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:48:59 -0500, philo <> wrote:

    >On 10/02/2010 09:36 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:13:45 -0500, philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10/02/2010 09:03 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:20:35 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 12:45:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow<>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:41:50 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now have
    >>>>>>> to get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this
    >>>>>>> Kensington one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of the
    >>>>>>> ones in my house though.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.
    >>>>> Have traps, have p butter, don't have the desire to set and kill and
    >>>>> then replace said traps when they get all messy and unusable.
    >>>>
    >>>> Ok well then just live with them. Personally I wouldn't want to share
    >>>> my home with wood/field mice. They can carry disease. They walk/crawl
    >>>> over everything. Before you know it you will have an infestation if you
    >>>> don't nip it in the bud now. Hell my mom who would hesitate to swat a
    >>>> fly had no qualms about setting a couple traps when she noticed a tiny
    >>>> little critter walking around in her kitchen while she sat at the
    >>>> table. This time of the year (and I really need not tell you) those
    >>>> little critters who don't hibernate are looking for a warm place to
    >>>> squat. That is if you live in a climate with 4 seasons. If you see one
    >>>> mouse you probably have several. If you don't want to kill them buy a
    >>>> live trap then release them far from your home where they will probably
    >>>> die a slow and suffered death anyways.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> nice thing about having mice in the house: they have no bladders so they
    >>> just trickle urine everywhere...
    >>>
    >>> how nice
    >>>
    >>> otoh: urine is germ free
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I am glad I have two cats here...
    >>>
    >>> they are good at killing bugs too

    >>
    >> Well there you go. We have a cat here just for that purpose. Doesn't do
    >> much else except sleep and eat and pee/poop. But it loves mice. Never
    >> outright kills them though, just plays with them to death. I check all
    >> the places where they usually hide and eat scraps. Behind kitchen counter
    >> appliances, inside drawers, under sofas. Haven't seen any droppings this
    >> year and i haven't seen the cat batting a mouse around. Maybe all the
    >> crack and crevice sealing I did this summer did some good. But them damn
    >> things can squeeze through a pinhole if they want to get in somewhere.
    >> Maybe they got the idea somehow that inside my house wasn't the safe and
    >> warm haven they thought it was after all :)
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    >The year I was infested I had to get some of the newer style traps
    >
    >
    >the old wooden types just did not work...
    >the mice managed to get the peanut butter without springing the traps...
    >or if they were sprung...did not get the mouse.
    >
    >
    >I did a hell of a job sealing up the house...
    >it's been a few years now since any have gotten in...
    >
    >but now I have squirrels running up and down the outside of the house
    >and gnawing at everything

    One nice thing is that the squirrels don't like it at all when my
    black lab goes after them barking. She keeps them off the roof deck
    and out of the many pots that are there.
     
    joevan, Oct 2, 2010
    #11
  12. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:48:59 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 10/02/2010 09:36 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:13:45 -0500, philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10/02/2010 09:03 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:20:35 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 12:45:05 +0000 (UTC), Meat
    >>>>> Plow<> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:41:50 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I just got my little wireless mousie. Tiny little thing. I now
    >>>>>>> have to get rid of the mouses in the house. But I will keep this
    >>>>>>> Kensington one. It will cost me more than 10 bucks to get rid of
    >>>>>>> the ones in my house though.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> A few traps and some peanut butter won't cost more than 10 bucks.
    >>>>> Have traps, have p butter, don't have the desire to set and kill and
    >>>>> then replace said traps when they get all messy and unusable.
    >>>>
    >>>> Ok well then just live with them. Personally I wouldn't want to share
    >>>> my home with wood/field mice. They can carry disease. They walk/crawl
    >>>> over everything. Before you know it you will have an infestation if
    >>>> you don't nip it in the bud now. Hell my mom who would hesitate to
    >>>> swat a fly had no qualms about setting a couple traps when she
    >>>> noticed a tiny little critter walking around in her kitchen while she
    >>>> sat at the table. This time of the year (and I really need not tell
    >>>> you) those little critters who don't hibernate are looking for a warm
    >>>> place to squat. That is if you live in a climate with 4 seasons. If
    >>>> you see one mouse you probably have several. If you don't want to
    >>>> kill them buy a live trap then release them far from your home where
    >>>> they will probably die a slow and suffered death anyways.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> nice thing about having mice in the house: they have no bladders so
    >>> they just trickle urine everywhere...
    >>>
    >>> how nice
    >>>
    >>> otoh: urine is germ free
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I am glad I have two cats here...
    >>>
    >>> they are good at killing bugs too

    >>
    >> Well there you go. We have a cat here just for that purpose. Doesn't do
    >> much else except sleep and eat and pee/poop. But it loves mice. Never
    >> outright kills them though, just plays with them to death. I check all
    >> the places where they usually hide and eat scraps. Behind kitchen
    >> counter appliances, inside drawers, under sofas. Haven't seen any
    >> droppings this year and i haven't seen the cat batting a mouse around.
    >> Maybe all the crack and crevice sealing I did this summer did some
    >> good. But them damn things can squeeze through a pinhole if they want
    >> to get in somewhere. Maybe they got the idea somehow that inside my
    >> house wasn't the safe and warm haven they thought it was after all :)
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > The year I was infested I had to get some of the newer style traps


    >
    > the old wooden types just did not work... the mice managed to get the
    > peanut butter without springing the traps... or if they were
    > sprung...did not get the mouse.


    Yeah that happens. Before the cat I once used sticky mouse pads. Got three
    on one trap one time :) Took them out back, got out the Sheridan .20 cal
    air rifle and took care of them.

    >
    > I did a hell of a job sealing up the house... it's been a few years now
    > since any have gotten in...
    >
    > but now I have squirrels running up and down the outside of the house
    > and gnawing at everything


    I keep our squirrel population down with the Sheridan. Usually 6 pumps is
    all it takes and goodbye squirrel. My back yard is around 90x65 and I
    have shaggy bark chestnut, oak, maple. The squirrels will gnaw the husk
    of the chestnuts wile they sit up in the trees and it will snow down
    chestnut husk all over everything. Especially my metal shed roof and the
    trampoline not to mention my SUV (can't leave it parked in the drive
    under the oak. All over my garage rook causing it to grow moss on the
    shingles and the moss will eventually destroy the shingles. Last year I
    shot two dozen with the air rifle. This year 14 so far. They seem to be
    getting the message and tend to stay out of my trees near the house. I
    don't care if the nest in the far trees. They also hide their bounty
    in my flower beds and anywhere the dirt is loose so in the spring I have
    oak and chestnut trees sprouting up all over the place. So I have a
    legitimate motive to try to thin the population down at least around the
    house. And there are acre upon acre of unpopulated deciduous trees in the
    woods behind my house full of oaks and other squirrel food and home trees
    they can live in.




    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 2, 2010
    #12
  13. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:58:39 -0500, philo wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > news:p...
    >> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:48:59 -0500, philo wrote:
    >>>>>> they are good at killing bugs too
    >>> but now I have squirrels running up and down the outside of the house
    >>> and gnawing at everything

    >>
    >> I keep our squirrel population down with the Sheridan. Usually 6 pumps
    >> is all it takes and goodbye squirrel. My back yard is around 90x65 and
    >> I have shaggy bark chestnut, oak, maple. The squirrels will gnaw the
    >> husk of the chestnuts wile they sit up in the trees and it will snow
    >> down chestnut husk all over everything. Especially my metal shed roof
    >> and the trampoline not to mention my SUV (can't leave it parked in the
    >> drive under the oak. All over my garage rook causing it to grow moss on
    >> the shingles and the moss will eventually destroy the shingles. Last
    >> year I shot two dozen with the air rifle. This year 14 so far. They
    >> seem to be getting the message and tend to stay out of my trees near
    >> the house. I don't care if the nest in the far trees. They also hide
    >> their bounty in my flower beds and anywhere the dirt is loose so in the
    >> spring I have oak and chestnut trees sprouting up all over the place.
    >> So I have a legitimate motive to try to thin the population down at
    >> least around the house. And there are acre upon acre of unpopulated
    >> deciduous trees in the woods behind my house full of oaks and other
    >> squirrel food and home trees they can live in.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > I've told this story before
    > so just skip it if you;ve heard it:
    >
    > Many years ago some squirrels actually gnawed their way into the attic
    > so I called an exterminator.
    >
    > The hard part was going to explain to my five year old daughter that I
    > was going to have those quite little fuzzy things killed.
    >
    > So I decided to break her into it slowly by first telling here there
    > were squirrels in the attic.
    >
    >
    > As soon as I told her, her eyes got big and she yelled:
    >
    >
    > Squirrels in the attic :SHOOT THEM DADDY!
    >
    >
    > well that problem was solved.
    >
    > As it turned out since I live in the city I'd go to jail if I discharged
    > a shotgun...
    > and even the exterminators are not allowed to kill them.
    >
    >
    > I ended up live trapping them myself
    > and relocating them 17 miles away.
    >
    > Of course the yard just filled up with new squirrels
    >
    > but I at least had time to put sheet metal patches over the holes


    LOL didn't read it before. Technically I am within city limits. But I
    would probably just get chewed out for firing my .22 magnum in the city
    since I know the chief and most of the occifers. But the .20 cal Sheridan
    air rifle will penetrate one side of a 55 gallon drum and dent the other
    side. And with a .22 4x scope on it, it's deadly accurate. One shot mid
    shoulder and it's a 2 second wait to hit the ground. So it's sort-off
    humane since there isn't a whole lot of suffering.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 2, 2010
    #13
  14. joevan

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:13:45 -0500, philo wrote:

    > otoh: urine is germ free


    ....and a great medium for encouraging growth of bacterial cultures.



    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.
    This was an idea that had literally never occurred to him.
    --- George Orwell, 1984
     
    Aardvark, Oct 3, 2010
    #14
  15. joevan

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:16:01 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > All over my garage rook causing it to grow moss on the shingles and the
    > moss will eventually destroy the shingles


    Strip a copper wire of its insulation and run in along your roof on each
    side of the roof ridge. Precipitation will then cause copper salts to run
    down the roof, killing the moss.

    The process takes a few years, but has the advantage that your roof
    remains equally weathered and coloured all over, as opposed to light-
    coloured patches all over (and possible damage) if you were to remove the
    moss manually.

    FYI
    HTH
    HAND

    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.
    This was an idea that had literally never occurred to him.
    --- George Orwell, 1984
     
    Aardvark, Oct 3, 2010
    #15
  16. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 00:00:15 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:16:01 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> All over my garage rook causing it to grow moss on the shingles and the
    >> moss will eventually destroy the shingles

    >
    > Strip a copper wire of its insulation and run in along your roof on each
    > side of the roof ridge. Precipitation will then cause copper salts to
    > run down the roof, killing the moss.
    >
    > The process takes a few years, but has the advantage that your roof
    > remains equally weathered and coloured all over, as opposed to light-
    > coloured patches all over (and possible damage) if you were to remove
    > the moss manually.


    My neighbor put a new roof on and had that stuff installed at the peak of
    his roof but still there is much discoloration of the shingles.
    In my case it's only the back half of the garage roof (garage is not
    attached to my house) and it's been easy to just blast it off with my
    2700 PSI power washer. I do however have some copper tape used to seal
    sections of 6.2 ghz microwave conduit that might do the trick .



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
    #16
  17. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 23:10:16 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:13:45 -0500, philo wrote:
    >
    >> otoh: urine is germ free

    >
    > ...and a great medium for encouraging growth of bacterial cultures.


    Urine is only germ/virus free if the bladder/urethra isn't infected.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
    #17
  18. joevan

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 13:31:07 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > I do however have some copper tape used to seal
    > sections of 6.2 ghz microwave conduit that might do the trick .


    Worth a try. As I said though- it doesn't get rid of the moss in the
    first season, or even the second. Possibly not even the third.

    Nevertheless, it will work. One day a few years from now, you'll walk out
    your front door, look up at the roof, and get a warm glow of satisfaction
    when you realise the moss has *finally gone*. And the roof will appear
    evenly weathered all over.

    And you'll bless the day you first encountered Aardvark.

    :)

    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.
    This was an idea that had literally never occurred to him.
    --- George Orwell, 1984
     
    Aardvark, Oct 3, 2010
    #18
  19. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:31:31 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 13:31:07 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> I do however have some copper tape used to seal
    >> sections of 6.2 ghz microwave conduit that might do the trick .

    >
    > Worth a try. As I said though- it doesn't get rid of the moss in the
    > first season, or even the second. Possibly not even the third.
    >
    > Nevertheless, it will work. One day a few years from now, you'll walk
    > out your front door, look up at the roof, and get a warm glow of
    > satisfaction when you realise the moss has *finally gone*. And the roof
    > will appear evenly weathered all over.


    Nothing we can do about the discoloration except cut down all these 90+
    foot tall oaks/chestnuts. I heard Zinc would do the same for moss.

    > And you'll bless the day you first encountered Aardvark.


    That's debatable :)





    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
    #19
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=

    64 bit mouses

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=, Nov 25, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    711
    Larry Hodges
    Nov 28, 2005
  2. Lunaray

    I've had it with cordless mouses!!

    Lunaray, Apr 16, 2007, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    380
    Lunaray
    Apr 16, 2007
  3. GraB
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    321
Loading...

Share This Page