    can somebody give me a hint,
    thanks in advance,
    marten
    Mdmeenken, Oct 28, 2007

    Chet39, Oct 28, 2007

    > Tell a little more about the mouse
    >
    > Is it wireless or wired?
    > What brand?
    > Ball, wheels or optical?
    > Have you tried a different mouse?

    yes i did,
    I have 3 mouses,no one works,,
    only arrow ,no movement,
    I have to stop the pc by pulling the plug.\,

    marten

    Mdmeenken, Oct 28, 2007
  4. Mdmeenken

    Mdmeenken Guest

    "Chet39" <> schreef in bericht
    > Tell a little more about the mouse
    >
    > Is it wireless or wired?
    > What brand?
    > Ball, wheels or optical?
    > Have you tried a different mouse?

    I have 2 mouses 2 with a light and 1 with a ball

    Mdmeenken, Oct 28, 2007
  5. The mouse is not connected to the proper port, it is connected to the proper
    port but the port is dead, or there is no mouse driver being loaded at boot
    time.

    The proper way to shut down is to press ALT+F4. The equivelent of pulling
    the plug is to press and hold the power switch.

    Since you are pulling the plug to turn the machine off, does this mean the
    keyboard is not working either? If the keyboard is also plugged in but is
    not working, this brings us back to the mouse not being plugged into the
    proper port. Try switching the mouse and keyboard to see if the devices come
    back to life.

    A little more about the mouse, is it PS2 or USB? Since it is a wired mouse,
    it should be PS2, but I have to ask ...

    Jeff Strickland, Oct 28, 2007
  6. Mdmeenken

    Mdmeenken Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> schreef in bericht
    > The mouse is not connected to the proper port, it is connected to the
    > proper port but the port is dead, or there is no mouse driver being loaded
    > at boot time.

    the mouse is connected to the port next to the keyboard port,
    and worked for at least a year,as far as I know probably more

    > The proper way to shut down is to press ALT+F4. The equivelent of pulling
    > the plug is to press and hold the power switch.
    >
    > Since you are pulling the plug to turn the machine off, does this mean the
    > keyboard is not working either? If the keyboard is also plugged in but is
    > not working,

    the keyboard is working normally,

    >this brings us back to the mouse not being plugged into the proper port.
    >Try switching the mouse and keyboard to see if the devices come back to
    >life.
    >
    > A little more about the mouse, is it PS2 or USB? Since it is a wired
    > mouse, it should be PS2, but I have to ask ...\

    yes it is wired

    thanks for your instructions so far,

    I'll try,

    come back later,

    marten

    Mdmeenken, Oct 28, 2007
  7. Mdmeenken

    Mdmeenken Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> schreef in bericht
    > The mouse is not connected to the proper port, it is connected to the
    > proper port but the port is dead, or there is no mouse driver being loaded
    > at boot time.
    >
    > The proper way to shut down is to press ALT+F4. The equivelent of pulling
    > the plug is to press and hold the power switch.
    >
    > Since you are pulling the plug to turn the machine off, does this mean the
    > keyboard is not working either? If the keyboard is also plugged in but is
    > not working, this brings us back to the mouse not being plugged into the
    > proper port. Try switching the mouse and keyboard to see if the devices
    > come back to life.

    I just did, no help,switched it back,but now I get also with starting up a
    keyboard error,
    so,I pressed F1 and the starting up continues to the windows site,but still
    the mouse arrow is not moving
    anyway,the keyboard must do something,
    because when I pressed F1 the starting continued,

    Mdmeenken, Oct 29, 2007
  8. Mdmeenken

    Baron Guest

    Mdmeenken wrote:

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> schreef in bericht
    >> The mouse is not connected to the proper port, it is connected to the
    >> proper port but the port is dead, or there is no mouse driver being
    >> loaded at boot time.
    >>
    >> The proper way to shut down is to press ALT+F4. The equivelent of
    >> pulling the plug is to press and hold the power switch.
    >>
    >> Since you are pulling the plug to turn the machine off, does this
    >> mean the keyboard is not working either? If the keyboard is also
    >> plugged in but is not working, this brings us back to the mouse not
    >> being plugged into the proper port. Try switching the mouse and
    >> keyboard to see if the devices come back to life.

    > I just did, no help,switched it back,but now I get also with starting
    > up a keyboard error,
    > so,I pressed F1 and the starting up continues to the windows site,but
    > still the mouse arrow is not moving
    > anyway,the keyboard must do something,
    > because when I pressed F1 the starting continued,
    >>
    >> A little more about the mouse, is it PS2 or USB? Since it is a wired
    >> mouse, it should be PS2, but I have to ask ...

    >> " Mdmeenken" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Chet39" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> I have 2 mouses 2 with a light and 1 with a ball

    Have you a serial port (9 Pin) ? If so go and buy a cheap serial mouse
    and try that. I have had dead PS2 mouse ports on several clients
    machines and using a serial mouse is an effective fix. However it
    won't cure a dead PS2 port, only a new mainboard will do that!

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Oct 29, 2007
  9. " Mdmeenken" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> schreef in bericht
    >> The mouse is not connected to the proper port, it is connected to the
    >> proper port but the port is dead, or there is no mouse driver being
    >> loaded at boot time.
    >>
    >> The proper way to shut down is to press ALT+F4. The equivelent of pulling
    >> the plug is to press and hold the power switch.
    >>
    >> Since you are pulling the plug to turn the machine off, does this mean
    >> the keyboard is not working either? If the keyboard is also plugged in
    >> but is not working, this brings us back to the mouse not being plugged
    >> into the proper port. Try switching the mouse and keyboard to see if the
    >> devices come back to life.

    > I just did, no help,switched it back,but now I get also with starting up a
    > keyboard error,

    This makes sense because you said the keyboard worked properly. The mouse
    port is dead, or the mouse driver is not loading.

    > so,I pressed F1 and the starting up continues to the windows site,but
    > still the mouse arrow is not moving
    > anyway,the keyboard must do something,
    > because when I pressed F1 the starting continued,

    ALT+F4 closes the open application -- but this only works after the machine
    is up and running. The keyboard and mouse ports should be color coded, and
    your goal is to match the colors.

    When the boot sequence stops like that, it is best to shut the machine off
    and correct the error. I get that you were experimenting, but that is the
    best time to not proceed if an error in the experiment is reported.

    I suspect your mouse port is dead more than I suspect the driver is not
    Jeff Strickland, Oct 29, 2007
  10. " Mdmeenken" <> wrote in message
    > my mouse does'nt work,
    > actually no mouse works
    > the arrow is there but no movement,
    > can somebody give me a hint,
    > thanks in advance,
    > marten

    Try plugging it in.
    Lord Turkey Cough, Oct 30, 2007
  11. Mdmeenken

    JANA Guest

    I would think your mouse has "croaked". It's time to buy another mouse!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Nov 10, 2007
  12. Mdmeenken

    Guest

    On Oct 28, 11:31 am, " Mdmeenken" <> wrote:
    > my mouse does'nt work,
    > actually no mouse works
    > the arrow is there but no movement,
    > can somebody give me a hint,
    > thanks in advance,
    > marten

    If it was just the mouse that stops working then you can shutdown with
    the keyboard.
    CTRL-ESCAPE <-- brings up the start menu
    then you the arrow keys and ENTER to turn it off.

    You know whether it is the keyboard or mouse that has crashed, or
    windows itself. By looking at the windows clock in the bottom right
    hand corner(watch it for 2 minutes). Remember that, it is very clever!

    Another way is if you are unfortunate enough to have an animated icon
    in the taskbar. (though if that were me I would set the taskbar to
    hide that icon, or only show certain icons I want. I would not have an
    unanimated icon there)
    , Nov 20, 2007