    I have tried the Alt key - doesn't work and I also tried using the old wired
    mouse and keyboard after first turning of the PC, but this didn't work
    either! All suggestions would be appreciated.
    Jim McIntyre, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Jim McIntyre

    Mike Guest

    "Jim McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    news:mKuhd.326$...
    >I installed a new Logitech Keyboard and mouse on my daughters PC, (her OP
    >is XP Pro), but my CD-Roms disappeared on "My Computer". I used System
    >Restore to go back prior to the installation but when the Welcome Screen
    >comes up , there is no mouse to pick which user to log on.
    >
    > I have tried the Alt key - doesn't work and I also tried using the old
    > wired mouse and keyboard after first turning of the PC, but this didn't
    > work either! All suggestions would be appreciated.

    Have you tried booting into windows safe mode with the old keyboard? Did you
    install the software for the keyboard?
    Mike, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Jim McIntyre

    Remi Guest

    Is it a cordless mouse?

    Remi, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Jim McIntyre

    Jim McIntyre Guest

    Sorry about that - Wireless Keyboard and optical mouse working of SP/2 and
    it's brand new and pins are not bent. I also tried the old wired keyboard
    and mouse.

    Jim McIntyre, Nov 1, 2004
  5. Jim McIntyre

    staple Guest

    > Sorry about that - Wireless Keyboard and optical mouse working of SP/2 and
    > it's brand new and pins are not bent. I also tried the old wired keyboard
    > and mouse.

    Did you remember to put the batteries in? If the wired keyboard doesn't
    work, you've got bigger problems. Possibly the PS/2 ports on the computer
    are damaged. It's often a good idea just to upgrade to Linux.
    staple, Nov 1, 2004
  6. Jim McIntyre

    Jamco Guest

    why is it a good idea to downgrade to linux?

    Jamco, Nov 1, 2004