    Thanks
    --
    Joe
    Joe, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Joe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:hmdyf.20484$,
    Joe spewed forth:
    > I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
    > etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to
    > work in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working.
    > Any help?
    > Thanks

    What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web site for
    that mouse and download the latest drivers. The "generic" drivers built-in
    to Windows may not have all the functionability of the correct drivers.

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 14, 2006

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:hmdyf.20484$,
    > Joe spewed forth:
    >> I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
    >> etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to
    >> work in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working.
    >> Any help?
    >> Thanks

    > What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web site for
    > that mouse and download the latest drivers. The "generic" drivers built-in
    > to Windows may not have all the functionability of the correct drivers.

    I have an IBM mouse
    Joe, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Joe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:qzdyf.12642$,
    Joe spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> In news:hmdyf.20484$,
    >> Joe spewed forth:
    >>> I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs
    >>> (Firefox, etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse,
    >>> it used to work in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it
    >>> isnt working. Any help?
    >>> Thanks

    >> What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web
    >> site for that mouse and download the latest drivers. The "generic"
    >> drivers built-in to Windows may not have all the functionability of
    >> the correct drivers.

    > I have an IBM mouse

    This one?

    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-43066

    Toolman Tim, Jan 14, 2006
  5. Joe wrote:

    > but since I reinstalled Win XP

    Why did you reinstall the OS?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 14, 2006
  6. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> but since I reinstalled Win XP

    > Why did you reinstall the OS?

    I wanted to clean my system.
    Joe, Jan 15, 2006
  7. Joe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:%Ahyf.21159$,
    Joe spewed forth:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> but since I reinstalled Win XP

    >> Why did you reinstall the OS?
    >>

    > I wanted to clean my system.

    Wouldn't a good dose of Kaopectate do that? <grin>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2006
  8. Joe wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> but since I reinstalled Win XP

    >> Why did you reinstall the OS?

    > I wanted to clean my system.

    That is rarely necessary. Do you practice Safe Hex? Use modern, secure
    browsers and email clients? Have a firewall - a good one?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 15, 2006
  9. Joe

    Plato Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
    > etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to work
    > in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working. Any help?

    Prolly have to install the official, latest, updated, free, drivers.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 15, 2006
  10. Joe

    Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web site for

    Went shopping for a half dozen mice for home the other month. Found this
    black Logitech, two button plus wheel, ps/2 optical at newegg for I
    believe 5 or 6 bucks each.
    Plato, Jan 15, 2006
  11. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
    >> etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to work
    >> in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working. Any help?
    >>

    > Prolly have to install the official, latest, updated, free, drivers.

    I have the latest drivers. The wheel works in only some programs, but it
    still works.

    --
    I beg your pardon? Do you dare cost me in this manner? Am I the object of this brave novacure? Then kindly reply to my post if you may feel wanting, which you will commence after you, thought over, the message. Thank you for your magnificent and dignifing answer in proper advance.
    Joe, Jan 15, 2006
  12. Joe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:43c9e1d0$2$30061$,
    Plato spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >> What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web
    >> site for

    > Went shopping for a half dozen mice for home the other month. Found
    > this black Logitech, two button plus wheel, ps/2 optical at newegg
    > for I believe 5 or 6 bucks each.

    Can't be beat - Logitech has been my favorite mouse for many many years.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2006