    recently upgraded to win 2000 pro and need the drivers for my mouse so I can
    use all 5 buttons. Have drivers for 9x won't work with 2000 pro. would
    appreciate info or post
    LJA, Nov 14, 2004

  2. LJA

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi LJA - You don't state which particular mouse you're using. Win2k can be
    very sensitive to having the exactly correct drivers for the specific mouse
    model you use. If your's is a Microsoft mouse then you can get the specific
    Intellipoint software for the specific mouse you use as follows. Go here
    and do the selection process (Carefully!):
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

    If you're using a different make of mouse, then you'll need to go to the
    manufacturer's site and download the appropriate drivers.

    --
    Please respond in the same thread.
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

    In news:Vpzld.213271$Pl.89169@pd7tw1no,
    LJA <> typed:
    Jim Byrd, Nov 14, 2004

  3. LJA

    LJA Guest

    it's a mouse systems classic mouse 9.8 at least that was what I had
    installed in win 98 and it worked fine. it's a 5 button mouse left, right
    middle roller and thumb buttons. at the moment I can't scroll have left and
    right and the middle. thumb is not working either.thx for the help

    LJA, Nov 14, 2004
  4. LJA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Gotcha...
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=87802
    (You may need to sign up for a free account.)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 14, 2004
  5. LJA

    LJA Guest

    Thx but this is the one I already have, when I try to install it I receive
    the error that it is not supported by the o/s. I gather that mouse systems
    has been out of buseness for a while hoping someone has an updated driver
    for win 2000,excellent mouse to work with when all it's functions work

    LJA, Nov 15, 2004
  6. LJA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Sorry, but the web site *said* W2K and XP. Unfortunately, it looks like
    Mouse Systems changed owner or something like that (1999) before W2K came
    out, so they didn't do drivers. I haven't found any newer stuff. However,
    they were bought/merged/owned etc. by KYE, makers of Genius mice and
    scanners etc. You might try their drivers, or ask for their help:

    http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/

    "LJA" <> wrote in message
    | Thx but this is the one I already have, when I try to install it I receive
    | the error that it is not supported by the o/s. I gather that mouse systems
    | has been out of buseness for a while hoping someone has an updated driver
    | for win 2000,excellent mouse to work with when all it's functions work
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | > Gotcha...
    | > http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=87802
    | > (You may need to sign up for a free account.)
    | >

    | > "LJA" <> wrote in message
    | > | it's a mouse systems classic mouse 9.8 at least that was what I had
    | > | installed in win 98 and it worked fine. it's a 5 button mouse left,
    | right
    | > | middle roller and thumb buttons. at the moment I can't scroll have
    left
    | > and
    | > | right and the middle. thumb is not working either.thx for the help
    | > |
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Nov 15, 2004
  7. LJA

    LJA Guest

    thx toolman I'll try that site

    LJA, Nov 15, 2004
  8. LJA

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi LJA - Not to be argumentative, but there are a lot of very inexpensive
    mice with those capabilities (and more) that do offer up-to-date drivers.
    Why not just replace it?

    --
    Please respond in the same thread.
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

    In news:CX9md.230681$%k.200370@pd7tw2no,
    LJA <> typed:

    Jim Byrd, Nov 15, 2004
  9. LJA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I would tend to agree - I picked up a nice wireless optical mouse with six
    buttons at eBay for less than $40. But if he *can* find the drivers, I guess
    it saves a few bucks.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 15, 2004
  10. LJA

    LJA Guest

    that definatly is an option but I figured I try to update the drivers first

    LJA, Nov 16, 2004