    I have two computers about 5 feet apart one XP one Vista using microsoft
    wireless mouse on each. Only one of the mice works and it runs both
    computers. How do I get each computer to have its own mouse?
    Hawkeye, Dec 10, 2008

  2. Hawkeye

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Dec 10, 10:43 am, "Hawkeye" <> wrote:
    > I have two computers about 5 feet apart one XP one Vista using microsoft
    > wireless mouse on each. Only one of  the mice works and it runs both
    > computers. How do I get each computer to have its own mouse?

    tin foil on the mouse, wired on one of um, redecorate ?
    gnu / linux, Dec 10, 2008

  3. Hawkeye

    trouble Guest

    It would appear that identically branded mice are using the same frequency
    with no identifier specific to a particular mouse.
    A different wireless brand mouse might not solve the problem as these things
    come from identical Chinese assembly lines with different plastic covers.
    If both mice have to be wireless then get a blue tooth mouse with a USB
    plug-in bluetooth adapter.
    trouble, Dec 10, 2008
  4. Hawkeye

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 10, 4:43 pm, "Hawkeye" <> wrote:
    > I have two computers about 5 feet apart one XP one Vista using microsoft
    > wireless mouse on each. Only one of  the mice works and it runs both
    > computers. How do I get each computer to have its own mouse?

    "tin foil on the mouse, wired on one of um, redecorate ? "
    Three good replies :)
    sandy58, Dec 11, 2008
  5. Hawkeye

    Ragnar Guest

    "Hawkeye" <> wrote in message
    >I have two computers about 5 feet apart one XP one Vista using microsoft
    >wireless mouse on each. Only one of the mice works and it runs both
    >computers. How do I get each computer to have its own mouse?

    On the top of your wireless receiver unit you will see an oval button, and
    on the underside of the mouse a tiny button marked "connect". If you press
    the oval button the lights on the receiver will flash, then you press the
    second button with the tip of a ballpoint pen. This will retune to a new
    frequency so the two computers do not interfere. Best if the other computer
    is switched OFF while you do this.
    HTH
    R.
    Ragnar, Dec 11, 2008