    uncommonly malicious.

    Any ideas appreciated and thanks very much...

    Eddie

    Eddie, Mar 18, 2007

  2. Eddie

    Stara Suka Guest

    "Eddie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    : My wireless Intellimouse Explorer started acting up last week. The
    : scroll wheel would scroll up fine, but down only for a turn or
    two.
    : The buttons responded only when lots of pressure was applied or
    when
    : tapped sharply. I checked the connections, reset it, changed the
    : batteries, reinstalled the software, downloaded new drivers -
    nothing
    : seemed to work. Assuming it was "broke", I removed it and plugged
    in
    : my old wired Microsoft mouse which worked fine for two days, but
    now
    : is acting up just like the wireless one did. I've run Spybot,
    AdAware
    : and Norton and removed any problems they found, none of which
    seemed
    : uncommonly malicious.
    :
    : Any ideas appreciated and thanks very much...
    :
    : Eddie

    Optical or with the ball? Either way, gunk can get inside (mouse
    shit) and the mouse has to be taken apart and given a thorough
    cleaning.

    Stara Suka, Mar 18, 2007

  3. Eddie

    Eddie Guest

    It's optical, but since I'm having the same problem with the older
    wired mouse, I'm stumped.

    Eddie, Mar 18, 2007
  4. Eddie

    x@y Guest

    Try here for Mice solutions: http://tinyurl.com/33fm2b
    Good Luck, x@y

    x@y, Mar 19, 2007
  5. Eddie

    JANA Guest

    Most likely the switches are wearing out. I have had this before. You can
    open the mouse to see if there is anything like dirt or something
    obstructing its operation. Most of the time, going by your description, it
    is hardware failure.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 19, 2007
  6. Eddie

    Stara Suka Guest

    Try a thorough cleaning, but personally, I think that Jinx has
    finally caught up with Pixie and Dixie!

    "Eddie" <> wrote in message
    : It's optical, but since I'm having the same problem with the older
    : wired mouse, I'm stumped.
    :
    : On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:30:40 -0500, "Stara Suka"
    <>
    : wrote:
    :
    : >
    : >:
    : >: Any ideas appreciated and thanks very much...
    : >:
    : >: Eddie
    : >

    Stara Suka, Mar 19, 2007
  7. Eddie

    Larry Crites Guest

    You must be old. I'm old, and I remember them. Used to be one of my favorite
    cartoons. And Beany & Cecil.

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    "Stara Suka" <> wrote in message
    : Try a thorough cleaning, but personally, I think that Jinx has
    : finally caught up with Pixie and Dixie!
    :
    : "Eddie" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    :: It's optical, but since I'm having the same problem with the older
    :: wired mouse, I'm stumped.
    ::
    :: On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:30:40 -0500, "Stara Suka"
    : <>
    :: wrote:
    ::
    :: >
    :: >:
    :: >: Any ideas appreciated and thanks very much...
    :: >:
    :: >: Eddie
    :: >

    Larry Crites, Mar 19, 2007