    my computer the mouse does not function at all, if i shut down and restart
    it work fine.Any ideas as to why?
    T.I.A
    tequila148, Jun 3, 2004

  2. tequila148

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 04:49:59 GMT, "tequila148" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >I have recently installed a microsoft wireless optical mouse, when I restart
    >my computer the mouse does not function at all, if i shut down and restart
    >it work fine.Any ideas as to why?
    >T.I.A

    I've seen this sort of problem before, it was always bios related. However, I have
    never seen it with a mouse. Is your new mouse USB and your old one PS2?
    Shel-hed, Jun 3, 2004

  3. tequila148

    tequila148 Guest

    "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    > I've seen this sort of problem before, it was always bios related.

    However, I have
    > never seen it with a mouse. Is your new mouse USB and your old one PS2?

    The new mouse is PS2, the old one was USB .But the new mouse also can be
    used without the PS2 connector (as a USB mouse), the problem persists.
    tequila148, Jun 3, 2004
  4. tequila148

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 05:13:34 GMT, "tequila148" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >"Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    >> I've seen this sort of problem before, it was always bios related.

    >However, I have
    >> never seen it with a mouse. Is your new mouse USB and your old one PS2?
    >>

    >The new mouse is PS2, the old one was USB .But the new mouse also can be
    >used without the PS2 connector (as a USB mouse), the problem persists.

    Is the ps2 port listed in the device manager? Perhaps it was disabled.
    Is there a bios option to turn off the ps2 port?
    Has the old mouse's drivers/software been completely removed?
    What operating system, and how old is the computer?
    Shel-hed, Jun 3, 2004
  5. tequila148

    tequila148 Guest

    "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 05:13:34 GMT, "tequila148" <> wrote

    in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    > >"Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    > >> I've seen this sort of problem before, it was always bios related.

    > >However, I have
    > >> never seen it with a mouse. Is your new mouse USB and your old one

    PS2?

    > >The new mouse is PS2, the old one was USB .But the new mouse also can be
    > >used without the PS2 connector (as a USB mouse), the problem persists.

    > Is the ps2 port listed in the device manager? Perhaps it was disabled.
    > Is there a bios option to turn off the ps2 port?
    > Has the old mouse's drivers/software been completely removed?
    > What operating system, and how old is the computer?

    I cant find a setting in the bios nor does it seem to be listed in the
    device manager ,I did remove the old mouse drivers\software.I am running
    Windows ME on a 2000 packard bell.
    tequila148, Jun 4, 2004