    seconds. Please advice me how can I solve my problem.

    Thanks.

    Rob
    Rob, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Rob

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:44:03 GMT, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    >I have an AMD 1.1 GHz with 512MB Ram computer and running Windows XP home
    >edition. Recently every five minutes or so my mouse freezes for 5 to 10
    >seconds. Please advice me how can I solve my problem.

    Does your keyboard freeze too?

    Control alt-delete, select Task Manager. Click on the CPU tab to sort
    via CPU usage. Watch when your mouse freezes, see what's using up the
    most CPU cycles.
    Evan Platt, Aug 8, 2006

  3. Rob

    JANA Guest

    It sounds like your computer is lacking resources. Increasing RAM will most
    likely help out. Also, running XP on the type of computer you have, is using
    a lot of CPU dedication.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Rob

    me Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    Recently every five minutes or so my mouse freezes for 5 to 10
    > seconds. Please advice me how can I solve my problem.

    Try a different type of cheese,it's probably bored with the usual brand you
    give it.
    me, Aug 9, 2006
  5. Rob

    Janlaval Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > It sounds like your computer is lacking resources. Increasing RAM will most
    > likely help out. Also, running XP on the type of computer you have, is using
    > a lot of CPU dedication.

    My sisters pc is a Duron 800 with XP Home and 512 ram and no problems
    with the mouse or anything else freezing up. What kind of mouse?
    --

    Cheers!

    Jan
    Janlaval, Aug 10, 2006
  6. Rob

    thanatoid Guest

    Janlaval <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> It sounds like your computer is lacking resources.
    >> Increasing RAM will most likely help out. Also, running XP
    >> on the type of computer you have, is using a lot of CPU
    >> dedication.
    >>

    > My sisters pc is a Duron 800 with XP Home and 512 ram and
    > no problems with the mouse or anything else freezing up.
    > What kind of mouse?

    I know someone clueless enough to run XP on a 600Mhz with 256
    RAM. It's amazing it runs at all.

    This is a tricky one. We'll see if someone figures it out. I
    think the advice to run a process monitor and see what grabs all
    the resources every once in a while was the best suggestion. I
    don't see what difference the "kind" of mouse it is could make.
    I'm sure increasing RAM will make no difference whatsoever.
    thanatoid, Aug 10, 2006
  7. Rob

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    JANA wrote:
    > It sounds like your computer is lacking resources. Increasing RAM will most
    > likely help out. Also, running XP on the type of computer you have, is using
    > a lot of CPU dedication.

    Crap. A computer of those specifications will run XP adequately. The
    problem is elsewhere.

    BTW, fix your clock.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Aug 10, 2006
  8. Rob

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > I have an AMD 1.1 GHz with 512MB Ram computer and running Windows XP home
    > edition. Recently every five minutes or so my mouse freezes for 5 to 10
    > seconds. Please advice me how can I solve my problem.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Rob

    It is unlikely that the mouse is the source of the problem: someother
    proram is periodicly stealing time from the mouse service.

    What I would do is to shut down all unneeded services (first, things in
    the fast start bar (lower right corner of screen). Then stop things in
    the "startup " folder. Also, run the latest anti-virus software - you
    could have a highjacked computer which is sending out spam!
    Rick Merrill, Aug 10, 2006