    Is NoAdware & Hijack this the same!
    The Panda online scan was free & it was supposed to have removed my probs,
    but NoAdware says not, please help, i'm dead confused!

    gary, Sep 29, 2004

  2. gary

    SwissTony Guest

    "gary" <> wrote in message
    news:cjea61$a00$...
    > Hi
    > Recently when i'm online, sometimes all my windows pages just crash to
    > show my desktop, all the different 'toolbar options ' click up & down & my
    > little arrow that my mouse controls goes crazy, shooting all over the

    place
    > & i hear a clicking from the back of the pc! i need to do the " Ctrl, alt,
    > delete button & restart the computer.
    > Could this be the mouse being dirty & sticking, as it seems to be!
    >
    > I run AVG & Adaware & all seems ok, but i recently downloaded NoAdware &

    ran
    > it & it said i have some things that need erasing, i clicked on erase & it
    > said i needed to pay the $29.99 to do this!
    > Is NoAdware & Hijack this the same!
    > The Panda online scan was free & it was supposed to have removed my probs,
    > but NoAdware says not, please help, i'm dead confused!

    http://lavasoft.element5.com/support/download/ download adaware (free
    personal edition)
    download spybot from here http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
    Update both once they are installed to get the latest definitions

    do not pay for NoAdware

    Hijack this, lists stuff that runs on startup and various settings for
    internet explorer + more.
    It is not the same as NoAdware of the 2 progs above

    SwissTony, Sep 29, 2004

  3. gary

    samuel Guest

    "gary" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    > Recently when i'm online, sometimes all my windows pages just
    > crash to
    > show my desktop, all the different 'toolbar options ' click up &
    > down & my little arrow that my mouse controls goes crazy, shooting
    > all over the place & i hear a clicking from the back of the pc! i
    > need to do the " Ctrl, alt, delete button & restart the computer.
    > Could this be the mouse being dirty & sticking, as it seems
    > to be!
    >
    > I run AVG & Adaware & all seems ok, but i recently downloaded
    > NoAdware & ran it & it said i have some things that need erasing,
    > i clicked on erase & it said i needed to pay the $29.99 to do
    > this! Is NoAdware & Hijack this the same!
    > The Panda online scan was free & it was supposed to have removed
    > my probs, but NoAdware says not, please help, i'm dead confused!

    is there any one site where your IE crashes at ?
    no error messages ?
    what operating system ?
    update your IE and OE and all microsoft critical updates
    shut down machine and make sure all cords connected firmly
    clean mouse
    check mouse settings start control panel etc
    use SpyBot S&D and Spyware Blaster
    use Hijackthis if needed

    samuel, Sep 29, 2004
  4. gary

    gary Guest

    Hi
    I'm Windows 98, maybe i should update Outlook express, but i have limited
    hardrive space & don't want to add on & fill my memory up!
    This i don't see the prob as it's about this clicking from the back & the
    continuous popups fro toolbars.
    If i update Microsoft updates, won't my pc become slow, as i only use it for
    internet, it hasn't much memory. Once i scanned my pc on microsoft updates &
    it said i needed 17, shit, i don't think my pc could take it!

    gary, Sep 29, 2004