    bejeweled, a game. everything else is exactly the same. Every now and then
    my touch pad/Mouse stops working and i have to restart the computer then
    everything is fine.

    Lionheart, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Lionheart

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >|I just bought a brand new toshiba laptop running windows xp. No
    >| warranty, which i regret now. The only thing i installed on the
    >| computer was bejeweled, a game. everything else is exactly the same.
    >| Every now and then my touch pad/Mouse stops working and i have to
    >| restart the computer then everything is fine.

    New, with no warranty? Bought it off the back of someone's car, eh?

    I'd suggest you try going to Toshiba's web site and download the newest
    drivers for the touchpad.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Lionheart

    foolinyu Guest

    "Lionheart" <> wrote in message
    > I just bought a brand new toshiba laptop running windows xp. No warranty,
    > which i regret now. The only thing i installed on the computer was
    > bejeweled, a game. everything else is exactly the same. Every now and then
    > my touch pad/Mouse stops working and i have to restart the computer then
    > everything is fine.

    I have the same problem with my Compaq laptop. Downloading the latest
    drivers (both from Compaq and Synaptics) don't help nor doing a clean Win XP
    install. However, a ctrl-alt-del or tapping on the ctrl or alt keys do
    unfreeze it most the time. I suspect bad touchpad drivers with the wrong
    baud rate or a conflict with my wireless card. Connecting an external mouse
    to the ps2 port which disabled the advance touchpad functions do result in
    no lockups so far.

    foolinyu, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Lionheart

    Lionheart Guest

    No actually my brother bought it from PC Richards and assumed that since I
    went to college and got a degree in computer information he assumed that i
    could fix any problems that he has and it would be foolish to pay for it.
    What he didn't know was I am not a technician

    Lionheart, Sep 30, 2004
  5. Lionheart

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That I do understand. The programmers/keypunch people at work can't/won't
    fix a hardware problem either. That's how I got into the job I'm in now...I
    love tearing the hardware apart <g>

    >| No actually my brother bought it from PC Richards and assumed that
    >| since I went to college and got a degree in computer information he
    >| assumed that i could fix any problems that he has and it would be
    >| foolish to pay for it. What he didn't know was I am not a technician
    >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > New, with no warranty? Bought it off the back of someone's car, eh?
    >| >
    >| > I'd suggest you try going to Toshiba's web site and download the
    >| > newest drivers for the touchpad.
    >| >
    >| > --
    >| > "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go
    >| > where THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Sep 30, 2004
  6. Lionheart