    The mouse is known good because I checked it on another computer. I have
    done a visual examination for socket damage, but I cannot see any. There
    are no bent pins on the mouse plug.
    mcp6453, Feb 18, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    Jerry G. Guest

    If the mouse is a PS-2 mouse, and someone unplugged and plugged it back in
    again with the power on, it is possible that the PS-2 port is blown. Did you
    un-install and re-install it back again, in case it is driver problem?

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    I have a computer with an Intel 845GRG motherboard. When it boots either
    to DOS or to Windows, the mouse is not recognized. Since I have worked
    on more than one computer today, I cannot remember if the mouse was
    working when I first started working on it installing Windows XP. It
    seems to me that it was working. I've checked the BIOS and cannot find a
    configuration setting that would affect the PS2 mouse. A USB mouse
    works, but I would rather use PS2. Can you think of anything I could
    check? If not, then it must be a hardware problem with the motherboard.
    Jerry G., Feb 19, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Jerry G. wrote:

    > If the mouse is a PS-2 mouse, and someone unplugged and plugged it back in
    > again with the power on, it is possible that the PS-2 port is blown. Did you
    > un-install and re-install it back again, in case it is driver problem?

    Yep. Did that. Will not work even when I boot to Ghost disk (which has
    its own mouse driver.)
    mcp6453, Feb 19, 2004
  4. mcp6453

    demi

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    ps/2mouse not recon.

    Just go for system restore if you have xp pro and it would start working again.Some thing must have over written your mouse driver files or something like that.It happened to me twice and I tried everything to find out the reason.But finally it worked only by back dated system restore when ps/2 mouse was working.
    demi
    demi, Aug 3, 2007