    Thanks

    --
    Victoria Concordia Crescit
    KerplunKuK, May 24, 2004

  2. KerplunKuK

    one_red_eye Guest

    "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have noticed
    > that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day. Can anyone
    > recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and speed?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Victoria Concordia Crescit

    Any mousepad will work well with an optical mouse.

    --
    I saw Elvis. He sat between
    me and Bigfoot on the UFO.
    one_red_eye, May 24, 2004

  3. KerplunKuK

    koorb Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:12:52 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have noticed
    >that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day. Can anyone
    >recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and speed?
    >
    >Thanks

    All the premium optical pads have randomized mathematical patterns on
    for the mouse's optics to pickup on some anything like that should
    work well.

    Personally I use a Allsop blue raindrop mat and that works perfectly,
    http://www.allsop.com/product.asp?cid=18&p=28241
    but I think as long as you avoid very plain solid color mats you
    should be fine.
    koorb, May 25, 2004
  4. KerplunKuK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 00:54:05 +0100, koorb <>
    scribbled:

    >On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:12:52 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have noticed
    >>that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day. Can anyone
    >>recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and speed?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    >All the premium optical pads have randomized mathematical patterns on
    >for the mouse's optics to pickup on some anything like that should
    >work well.
    >
    >Personally I use a Allsop blue raindrop mat and that works perfectly,
    >http://www.allsop.com/product.asp?cid=18&p=28241
    >but I think as long as you avoid very plain solid color mats you
    >should be fine.

    I'm using their brown one, it matches my desk :)

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, May 25, 2004
  5. KerplunKuK

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "koorb" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:12:52 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have

    noticed
    > >that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day. Can anyone
    > >recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and speed?
    > >
    > >Thanks

    > All the premium optical pads have randomized mathematical patterns on
    > for the mouse's optics to pickup on some anything like that should
    > work well.

    i've used my optical mouse on the carpet, my jeans, hands, and my wife's
    body parts...

    look around for household items that aren't translucent.

    be creative.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, May 25, 2004
  6. KerplunKuK

    AvengerĀ© Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have noticed
    >that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day. Can anyone
    >recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and speed?
    >
    >Thanks

    Why bother paying for a mouse pad, when almost any flat item will
    work, except a sheet of glass. A piece of flat plastic (for example)
    will do the job fine.
    --

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam hater since 1951*
    AvengerĀ©, May 25, 2004
  7. koorb wrote:

    > On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:12:52 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
    ><> wrote:

    >>I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have
    >>noticed that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day.
    >>Can anyone recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and
    >>speed?

    >>Thanks

    > All the premium optical pads have randomized mathematical patterns on
    > for the mouse's optics to pickup on some anything like that should
    > work well.

    My two optical mice work on *blank copy paper*. (And in testing that, I
    used several sheets, so that NO pattern from my actual desktop could
    show through.)

    We must be talking about the $3.99 no-name mice, here, that need
    intentional, mouse-optimized patterns, right?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, May 25, 2004
  8. KerplunKuK wrote:

    > I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have noticed
    > that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day. Can anyone
    > recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and speed?
    >
    > Thanks

    I like a little room to stretch out on a mouse pad, so I picked up one
    of those rubberized rugs you put in front of the kitchen sink from Bed
    Bath and Beyond. Looks and feels just like a mouse pad, just a tad
    bigger (about 2x3 feet).
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 25, 2004
  9. KerplunKuK

    Plato Guest

    KerplunKuK wrote:

    > I have a cordless optical mouse which I use on a desk top. I have noticed
    > that the desk gets dirty from 10+ hours of mouse use a day. Can anyone
    > recommend a good mouse mat, that allows precision and speed?

    I use file folders. Nice as I can write on them also with notes. As they
    get dirty I simply turn it over and use the other side. And when that
    gets toasted I use the other two sides.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 25, 2004