mouse lag with new nvidia drivers for geforce fx 5500 (256 mb pci)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Travis, Oct 5, 2008.

  1. Travis

    Travis Guest

    for the longest time i've been using my graphics card (it's really the
    highest end _PCI_ card that i can get, i do not have PCI express in
    this computer (dell dimension 1100), so upgrading to a better card is
    _not an option) with the drivers that were included on the CD.

    i updated to nvidia's latest stable drivers from their site and now i
    have a lot of latency with my mouse and keyboard, the mouse clearly
    drags really laggy and when typing it is laggy too

    i haven't been able to fix this problem, i've checked out every
    setting in nvidia control panel (disabled antialiasing, anything that
    will decrease quality for performance, but i do not think that is the
    problem).

    the main reason for this update was because i was unable to play half
    life 2 online.. it kept crashing when i tried to load this game and
    with the update everything ran fine.. no slow graphics just the laggy
    keyboard and mouse, it is very annoying

    any body know how to fix this or have this problem before?

    Travis, Oct 5, 2008

  2. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Re: mouse lag with new nvidia drivers for geforce fx 5500 (256 mbpci)

    nevermind, i fixed the problem, if anybody is wondering i had to lower
    hardware acceleration a step, it even says it should be set on that
    level if you have problems with mouse

    i found it hard to find so if anybody has this problem i hope this is
    of use :3

    Travis, Oct 6, 2008