    radio interfearence (which I've had over the speakers before, maybe a
    illegal shortwave) or even a serial/mouse card/Mother Board section problem.

    Any ideas of what it is or what else to look for.

    woody, May 11, 2004

  2. woody

    Win Guest

    Have you tried taking the mouse to bits, pc turned off
    cleaning it
    that should sort it

    "woody" <> wrote in message
    > Running NT on a Emachine T1840
    >
    > I've been encountering a jittery mouse on occassion (left right only) a

    pain
    > but not stopping me from working. I've run updates to my McAfee Virus

    shield
    > and run Webbot Search and Destroy and have not found anything that fixed

    the

    Win, May 11, 2004

  3. woody

    woody Guest

    Re: Mouse jitters left right only not as a result of using mouse.

    This is when I'm not doing any activity with the mouse....I have cleaned it
    since the occurrence.

    Thanks for your reply, any other suggestions?

    woody

    woody, May 11, 2004
  4. woody

    Unknown Guest

    Re: Mouse jitters left right only not as a result of using mouse.

    Left right only indicates a dirty roller in the mouse. Remove the ball and
    look inside where the ball fits. Clean those two rollers.

    Unknown, May 11, 2004
  5. woody

    woody Guest

    Mouse jitters left right ON its own (While not being used) NOT a dirty mouse

    Mouse jitters left right ON its own (While not being used) NOT a dirty mouse

    Mouse Jitters left and right while not in use, this should not be the case
    of a dirty
    roller or mouse ball.

    woody, May 12, 2004
  6. woody

    Boomer Guest

    Re: Mouse jitters left right only not as a result of using mouse.

    "woody" <> did say:

    > Mouse jitters left right ON its own (While not being used) NOT a
    > dirty mouse

    You might want to try a different mouse and see what happens.

    Boomer, May 12, 2004
  7. woody

    Jerry G. Guest

    Re: Mouse jitters left right ON its own (While not being used) NOT a dirty mouse

    It is possible that the wire from the computer to the mouse has some strans
    that are going worn. This can usually happen at the point where the wire
    connects in to the mouse, or at the point where it goes in to the moulding
    of the connector at the computer end. I have had the wire go defective on a
    mouse where there was a lot of manipulation or pulling of it.

    It is also possible that the electronics in the mouse is starting to go
    unstable (defective).

    It is time to try a new mouse.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., May 12, 2004
  8. woody

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 05:31:15 GMT, "woody" <> wrote:

    >Running NT on a Emachine T1840
    >
    >I've been encountering a jittery mouse on occassion (left right only) a pain
    >but not stopping me from working. I've run updates to my McAfee Virus shield
    >and run Webbot Search and Destroy and have not found anything that fixed the
    >jitters and no viruses reported.
    >
    >Could this be a virus, or spyware that has a visual clue. Or could it be
    >radio interfearence (which I've had over the speakers before, maybe a
    >illegal shortwave) or even a serial/mouse card/Mother Board section problem.
    >
    >Any ideas of what it is or what else to look for.

    If it's a mechanical mouse cleaning should fix it.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, May 12, 2004
  9. woody

    woody Guest

    Re: Mouse jitters left right ON its own (While not being used) NOT a dirty mouse

    I replaced the mouse with an old mouse and the problem seems to have
    stopped.
    I suspect it was the wires/insulation machine mouse could have warn thin and
    probably shorted.
    This is probably the fastest I've had a mouse go bad (2 years) and am a bit
    surprised as I don't
    think I've done more ware and tear on this machine/mouse than any other.

    Thanks for all your suggestions.

    woody, May 14, 2004