    I tried. Can someone point me where to start, and then I can reply
    with more info if required. thanks.

    P.S. my one usb mouse did work before I moved the computer.

    lbbss, May 7, 2008

  2. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    I have a dual boot xp system. The second partition does not have the
    same problem, both are xp.

    lbbss, May 7, 2008

  3. lbbss

    Dave Guest

    On May 6, 6:11 pm, lbbss <> wrote:
    > I have a new gateway system with xp sp2 on it. I recently moved the
    > computer to a different room and put in a new mouse and keyboard.
    > Now I have trouble with my mouse. Every time I boot up wizard find
    > new hardware appears. I have two different microsoft USB mice which
    > do not work on this computer, the only one that work is my dell ps2
    > mouse. It works but still is yellow flagged in device manager. My
    > usb keyboard has a green ps2 adapter. I thought that might be
    > causing a problem, so I deleted the keyboard devise and pluged in a
    > regular ps2 keyboard. After rebooting now even my keyboard is yellow
    > flagged also. It would take too long to explain all the combinations
    > I tried. Can someone point me where to start, and then I can reply
    > with more info if required. thanks.
    >
    > P.S. my one usb mouse did work before I moved the computer.

    You did not say whether you tried to install the drivers that came
    with the mouse & keyboard, and, if you did, whether you were
    successful in doing so. Some mice and keyboard drivers are included
    with Windows, others are not.

    Dave, May 7, 2008
  4. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    with one of them I tried driver, it was a special 5 button mouse.
    Usually they don't require any, also I tried 3 different mice and 3
    keyboards. I will try a system restore, My data should still be
    ok, right. I assume a windows repair, will wipe out all the new
    software I installed. tx

    lbbss, May 7, 2008