    the background. Any helpers please

    Thanks
    John in UK

    Johnnie Scott, Jan 1, 2006

  2. Johnnie Scott

    philo Guest

    Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > As of today I keep getting the mouse freeze up, only new item was a Norton
    > update. Checked for virus etc, all OK. Seems to be if something is busy in
    > the background. Any helpers please
    >
    > Thanks
    > John in UK

    I bet the mouse started freezing up right after the Norton update...

    philo, Jan 1, 2006

  3. Johnnie Scott

    JANA Guest

    The problem is either that something happened with the Norton update, or
    that by coincidence the mouse is having a problem. The easiest thing to do
    is to try another mouse. Go to the local computer store, or anywhere that
    sells computer mice, and get a cheap one to use as a backup mouse, and for
    testing the computer.

    If the new mouse is working okay, then you will know for sure that the fault
    is the mouse, and not the computer or the software.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Johnnie Scott" <john374999nospam@.nospam.ntlworldnospam.com> wrote in
    message news:IETtf.21371$...

    JANA, Jan 1, 2006
  4. Johnnie Scott

    Garrett Guest

    Check Task Manager to see if there is a process hogging the processor

    Garrett, Jan 1, 2006
  5. Johnnie Scott

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > > As of today I keep getting the mouse freeze up, only new item was a

    Norton
    > > update. Checked for virus etc, all OK. Seems to be if something is

    busy in
    > > the background. Any helpers please
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > John in UK
    > >

    > I bet the mouse started freezing up right after the Norton update...

    Try AVG.
    Norton sucks.

    Steve

    Mr Pounder, Jan 1, 2006
  6. Johnnie Scott

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message

    > The problem is either that something happened with the Norton update, or
    > that by coincidence the mouse is having a problem. The easiest thing to do
    > is to try another mouse. Go to the local computer store, or anywhere that
    > sells computer mice, and get a cheap one to use as a backup mouse, and for
    > testing the computer.
    >
    > If the new mouse is working okay, then you will know for sure that the

    fault
    > is the mouse, and not the computer or the software.
    >
    > --
    >
    > JANA
    > _____

    Gosh