mouse / freeze problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by john in mtl, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. john in mtl

    john in mtl Guest

    hi

    since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using the
    mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all the
    open applications freeze.

    i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
    never had this problem before.

    now when i boot, i often get error:
    'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'

    the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game. i
    uninstalled, but the problem persists.

    just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.

    i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
    tight, but that didn't help.

    help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    john.

    john in mtl, Dec 16, 2003

  2. john in mtl

    mark mandel Guest

    "john in mtl" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using the
    > mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all

    the
    > open applications freeze.
    >
    > i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
    > never had this problem before.
    >
    > now when i boot, i often get error:
    > 'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'
    >
    > the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game. i
    > uninstalled, but the problem persists.
    >
    > just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.
    >
    > i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
    > tight, but that didn't help.
    >
    > help would be appreciated.
    > thanks
    > john.

    This may require a more thorough install like all references to the game in
    the Registry.

    mark mandel, Dec 16, 2003

  3. john in mtl

    mark mandel Guest

    "mark mandel" <> wrote in message

    > "john in mtl" <> wrote in message
    > > hi
    > >
    > > since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using

    the
    > > mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all

    > the
    > > open applications freeze.
    > >
    > > i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
    > > never had this problem before.
    > >
    > > now when i boot, i often get error:
    > > 'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'
    > >
    > > the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game.

    > > uninstalled, but the problem persists.
    > >
    > > just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.
    > >
    > > i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
    > > tight, but that didn't help.
    > >
    > > help would be appreciated.
    > > thanks
    > > john.
    > >

    > This may require a more thorough install like all references to the game

    in
    > the Registry.

    I'm sorry, I meant a more thorough "uninstall" instead of install. Good
    thing I re-check this post!

    mark

    mark mandel, Dec 16, 2003
  4. john in mtl

    °Mike° Guest

    Fatal Exception Errors
    http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.htm

    Bad RAM Causes Fatal Exception Errors Running Windows 95-98

    What Are Fatal Exception Errors

    Troubleshooting Fatal Exception Errors
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=150314#1

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:29:18 -0500, in
    <soGDb.110503$>
    john in mtl scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 16, 2003
  5. john in mtl

    john in mtl Guest

    ok.
    so what i did was take another mouse, plug it into a different port.
    and hey i noticed the fan was clogged with dust (err a ton of dust).
    cleaned that out.
    the interior was much too hot.
    waited til everything cooled down.
    and it's working.
    thanks guys for your help :)

    john in mtl, Dec 17, 2003
  6. john in mtl

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:07:15 -0500, in
    <OwYDb.123335$>
    john in mtl scrawled:

    °Mike°, Dec 17, 2003