    has 64 bit drivers?

    Thanks,

    Stan
    Stan Kasper, Jul 9, 2005

  2. 64 bit Drivers drivers for
    intellimouse.......http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t4170.html
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 10, 2005

  3. Are Microsoft going to release their own driver for their own hardware and
    software, or are they now relying on the goodwill of some developers to do
    their jobs for them?

    Why put a link to a web forum that is a generic 64 bit mouse control program
    (and a very nice one at that). Why not tell us when Microsoft will be
    supporting their own hardware with 64 bit drivers, or at least say that
    intellimouse (and it's drivers) will never be supported under windows xp 64
    bit.
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Stan Kasper

    John Barnes Guest

    This has been a big annoyance to many of us here, especially when Logitech
    has released drivers for some of their hardware and Microsoft brand has
    none. Intellitype and intellimouse, lets get with it. Either Microsoft
    doesn't care about this system or once again they go with the cheapest least
    responsive vendor/mfg as with TAP

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Stan Kasper

    Sean M Guest

    Isn't a lot of those mice and keyboards rebranded?

    -- Sean M

    Sean M, Jul 12, 2005
  6. Stan Kasper

    DKI Guest

    Drivers for the extras on the keyboard like the finger print reader on my
    keyboard has to come from the manufuctures like digitalpersona who developed
    it.

    But the keyboard and mouse drivers i am not sure about the 32bit ones have
    the MS name as the manufucture but who wrote the drivers i am not sure the
    drivers might be done by the people who do the hardware.

    I seen some drivers for some of there older keyboards included in the OS.
    but i though that the intellimouse and intellitype was developed by
    microsoft direct and not external companies.

    DKI, Jul 12, 2005
  7. Stan Kasper

    John Barnes Guest

    Those of us who bought Microsoft branded products and Microsoft x64 windows
    don't care who makes the equipment or writes the drivers. You put your name
    on it your reputation is going to suffer, and since they wrote x64 and don't
    care enough about their own x64 system to push whoever is responsible for
    the drivers, or assign their own people to do them they are doubly to blame.

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2005
  8. Stan Kasper

    DKI Guest

    That is true, they should of at least got someone to get on it and even the
    3rd party vendors to start work on it. despite posting on here some said
    they are looking into it but that is besides the point and there is no
    excuses realy why there is propper support.

    This makes me wish now i went and got logitech (even though not all is X64
    supported at this time) and not microsoft hardware since they seem so far
    encapable of supporting there own hardware and others like logitech have
    already made the move to supporting it.

    I know since the beta versions people in the newsgroup been bugging the
    developers about the issue and surley i would of though that with them
    letting the right department know sending a message that support is needed
    the ammount of times they been bugged. but obviously this shows the lazyness
    in that department and they surely would of known about X64 comming.

    DKI, Jul 12, 2005
  9. It definitely sucks and hope this really a reality check for Microsoft how
    they develop their products and integrate with different areas of the
    business from hardware to software.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 13, 2005