    -----------
    Ken Doughty
    Bedfordshire England
    Ken Doughty, Sep 2, 2006

  2. Ken Doughty

    doS Guest

    download a driver from microsoft...

    doS, Sep 2, 2006

  3. Ken Doughty

    Gordon Guest

    > Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows. It
    > used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
    > lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as it
    > is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
    > The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
    > Product ID 63618-577

    Firstly XP doesn't have DOS. Secondly, have you tried taking the ball out
    and cleaning the inside?
    Gordon, Sep 2, 2006
  4. Ken Doughty

    Bob B Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Ken Doughty" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows. It
    >> used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
    >> lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as it
    >> is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
    >> The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
    >> Product ID 63618-577
    >>

    > Firstly XP doesn't have DOS. Secondly, have you tried taking the ball out
    > and cleaning the inside?

    Do mice still have balls? BB

    Bob B, Sep 3, 2006
  5. Ken Doughty

    chuckie® Guest

    "Bob B" <> wrote in message

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > > "Ken Doughty" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows.

    It
    > >> used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
    > >> lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as

    it
    > >> is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
    > >> The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
    > >> Product ID 63618-577
    > >>

    > > Firstly XP doesn't have DOS. Secondly, have you tried taking the ball

    out
    > > and cleaning the inside?

    > Do mice still have balls? BB

    Only the males...I think...
    chuckie®, Sep 3, 2006
  6. Ken Doughty

    Ken Doughty Guest

    Very funny you lot - mice balls indeed!
    I have had the ball out and cleaned it, no change it still works
    perfectly in normal windows where I am 99% of the time. In the "DOS"
    applications (as WINXP appears not to have DOS) it sticks and jerks.
    I visited the Microsoft driver source but could not sort out a driver
    for the "DOS" like applications - hence the plea for help.

    Cheers

    In message <syrKg.5713$>, chuckie®
    <> writes

    --
    -----------
    Ken
    Ken Doughty, Sep 3, 2006
  7. Ken Doughty

    Guest

    Ken Doughty <> wrote:

    >Very funny you lot - mice balls indeed!
    >I have had the ball out and cleaned it, no change it still works
    >perfectly in normal windows where I am 99% of the time. In the "DOS"
    >applications (as WINXP appears not to have DOS) it sticks and jerks.
    >I visited the Microsoft driver source but could not sort out a driver
    >for the "DOS" like applications - hence the plea for help.

    Check out Config.nt and Autoexec.NT in your System32 directory, these
    text files are loaded for your "DOS" session.

    Not related to your problem, but how to copy these files to your OS
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324767/ and how both should read.

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321