    original driver won't work.. but am interested if anyone could suggest
    a driver that'll let me use one button as a Macro or a key.

    Thanks
    t8769, Oct 18, 2007

  2. t8769

    old man Guest

    A new mouse with compatible software wont break the bank

    old man, Oct 18, 2007

  3. t8769

    JANA Guest

    You'd be best off to get a new mouse that will support what you want to
    accomplish. XP will not work reliably with many of the older drivers.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Oct 19, 2007
  4. t8769

    Tester Guest

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:47:00 -0700, t8769 <> wrote:

    >I've an old PackardBell mouse (C0-5P) that I'd like to use with XP,
    >but find that the drivers screws things up.

    http://www.xp-drivers.com/drivers/74/74935.htm

    I got to this site using a Google search for C0-5P driver.

    This site has a pointer to a driverguide.com site which requires free
    registration.

    Of course, you can use bugmenot.com or register with a throwaway free
    email address. (and then possibly post it to bugmenot.com)

    You might also try packardbell.com. I believe the trademark is now
    owned by Acer so I don't know if they carry drivers for when there was
    an actual company.
    Tester, Oct 19, 2007
  5. t8769

    t8769 Guest

    Thanks for the info.

    I seemed to be having problems with the drivers from drivers.com, but
    will try to see if I can get them working.
    t8769, Oct 24, 2007