    Here's his problem:

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21747273.html

    , May 28, 2006

  2. LurfysMa Guest

    On 28 May 2006 00:47:42 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >I have this really annoying problem with my laptop which occurs when I
    >leave it idle for too long. Basically, the mouse cursor freezes on
    >screen and stays where it is, the mouse is still functional but I can't
    >see where it points. It's like an invisible cursor.
    >
    >I have a Sony Vaio but seeing how the mouse and the touchpad are still
    >functional, I think it's a software issue... There's some guy on
    >experts exchange that got an answer but it costs like $10 to see it..
    >And I really don't want to.

    Let me see if I understand this. You know where you can get the answer
    for $10, but you would rather spend an hour posting about it here and
    reading the responses. I guess your time must be worth less than
    $10/hour. Well, you should know.

    --
    For email, use usenet-20060507[at]spamex[dot]com

    LurfysMa, May 28, 2006

  3. philo Guest

    <snip>
    > Let me see if I understand this. You know where you can get the answer
    > for $10, but you would rather spend an hour posting about it here and
    > reading the responses. I guess your time must be worth less than
    > $10/hour. Well, you should know.

    But for $10 he gets to read the answer...and has no assurance it's the right
    answer.

    Anyway I once had the identical mouse problem...and after a lot of
    frustration and searching...
    it turned out to be a problem with the video drivers of all things

    philo, May 28, 2006
  4. Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 28 May 2006 00:47:42 -0700, wrote:

    > I have this really annoying problem with my laptop which occurs when I
    > leave it idle for too long. Basically, the mouse cursor freezes on
    > screen and stays where it is, the mouse is still functional but I can't
    > see where it points. It's like an invisible cursor.
    >
    > I have a Sony Vaio but seeing how the mouse and the touchpad are still
    > functional, I think it's a software issue... There's some guy on
    > experts exchange that got an answer but it costs like $10 to see it..
    > And I really don't want to.

    Roll back your video driver if you updated it prior to the cursor problem.

    And as far as the $10 answer goes, it could be the wrong answer as well as
    the right answer.

    Meat Plow, May 28, 2006
  5. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I have this really annoying problem with my laptop which occurs when I
    > leave it idle for too long. Basically, the mouse cursor freezes on
    > screen and stays where it is, the mouse is still functional but I can't
    > see where it points. It's like an invisible cursor.
    >
    > I have a Sony Vaio but seeing how the mouse and the touchpad are still
    > functional, I think it's a software issue... There's some guy on
    > experts exchange that got an answer but it costs like $10 to see it..
    > And I really don't want to.

    Vaio's come with lots of crap installed. Start with removing all the
    crap.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 1, 2006