    Replace some file? I vaguely remember having
    a similar problem years ago.

    Alex
    Alex, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Alex

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Alex wrote:
    > The mouse cursor starts to mover eratically and
    > open tabs and close windows. This only happens
    > after a while, not immediately at startup.
    >
    > Does anyone know what it is and what to do?
    > Replace some file? I vaguely remember having
    > a similar problem years ago.
    >
    > Alex

    And I'm supposed to guess what brand/type, etc.? C'mon...

    First guess (and that's ALL it is) would be update the mouse drivers. Next
    suggestion is clean the mouse ball (if it has one - I can only guess).
    Following that, it could be a bad cord (unless it's a cordless mouse, but
    I'm supposed to guess about that too). Or it could be totally buggered - at
    less than $20 for nice wireless MS mice, get another one.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 25, 2005

  3. Alex

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 02:50:11 +0200, "Alex"
    <> wrote:

    >The mouse cursor starts to mover eratically and
    >open tabs and close windows. This only happens
    >after a while, not immediately at startup.
    >
    >Does anyone know what it is and what to do?
    >Replace some file? I vaguely remember having
    >a similar problem years ago.

    Type of mouse - trackball? optical, etc?
    Operating system? age of mouse?

    Details.
    Evan Platt, Oct 25, 2005
  4. Alex

    Mitch Guest

    In article <435d8174$0$4445$>, Alex
    <> wrote:

    > The mouse cursor starts to mover eratically and
    > open tabs and close windows. This only happens
    > after a while, not immediately at startup.
    >
    > Does anyone know what it is and what to do?
    > Replace some file? I vaguely remember having
    > a similar problem years ago.
    >
    > Alex

    Wait -- are you saying the mouse pointer moves specifically to close
    windows and click on other specific items?

    Then you must have someone hacking in to control your computer -- run a
    spyware check right away.
    Mitch, Oct 25, 2005
  5. Alex

    Guest

    first remove mouse drivers from device manager and refresh, secondly
    load yahoo anti spyware tool and run. it should solve the problem
    , Oct 25, 2005
  6. Alex

    Alex Guest

    <> schreef in bericht
    > first remove mouse drivers from device manager and refresh, secondly
    > load yahoo anti spyware tool and run. it should solve the problem

    Where can I find the mouse drivers?

    I didn't mention, but the mouse is an average mouse with ball,
    brandname "Trekker".
    The OS is Windows 98 SE, 1000mhz Intel Celeron.

    Thanks to everyone who has responded, by the way.

    Alex
    Alex, Oct 25, 2005
  7. Alex

    Alex Guest

    "Alex" <> schreef in bericht
    > <> schreef in bericht
    > > first remove mouse drivers from device manager and refresh, secondly
    > > load yahoo anti spyware tool and run. it should solve the problem

    PS,

    The mouse drivers are (in windows/system/):
    VMM32.VXD
    MSMOUSE.VXD
    MOUSE.DRV

    If I remove them, won't it be impossible
    to use the mouse?

    Alex
    Alex, Oct 25, 2005
  8. Alex

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Alex wrote:
    > "Alex" <> schreef in bericht
    >> <> schreef in bericht
    >>> first remove mouse drivers from device manager and refresh, secondly
    >>> load yahoo anti spyware tool and run. it should solve the problem

    > PS,
    >
    > The mouse drivers are (in windows/system/):
    > VMM32.VXD
    > MSMOUSE.VXD
    > MOUSE.DRV
    >
    > If I remove them, won't it be impossible
    > to use the mouse?

    Those are generic drivers - Windows should re-install them automatically
    when you reboot.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 25, 2005
  9. Alex

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Alex wrote:
    >> "Alex" <> schreef in bericht
    >>> <> schreef in bericht

    >> PS,
    >>
    >> The mouse drivers are (in windows/system/):
    >> VMM32.VXD
    >> MSMOUSE.VXD
    >> MOUSE.DRV
    >>
    >> If I remove them, won't it be impossible
    >> to use the mouse?
    >>

    > Those are generic drivers - Windows should re-install them
    > automatically when you reboot.

    Oh - wait - you posted elsewhere that it's Win98. That may not work the same
    as XP. Copy them to another location first, just in case. But being the
    generic drivers, it should still be okay. You might have to open the device
    manager and have it scan for new hardware to get the mouse drivers to be
    reinstalled.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 25, 2005