    I suspect that heat mounting is death to today's inkjet-printed color
    photos. What are we using to mount photos to poster boards these days?

    Thx, Harold

    Harold Fritsche, Jul 27, 2003

  2. Harold Fritsche

    Guest

    Harold Fritsche <> wrote:
    > When I last enjoyed my photo hobby, it was 25 yrs ago and we mounted our b&w
    > photos with a heat-applied dry mount tissue.

    > I suspect that heat mounting is death to today's inkjet-printed color
    > photos. What are we using to mount photos to poster boards these days?

    Any decent art supply store will have some books on this subject. You can
    also find out easily enough by visiting a crafts show to see what the
    photographers who exhibit are doing for their mounting needs.

    I am just a beginner, but I was tought to use museum quality ragboard
    with mounting tabs. It works fine for me.

    , Jul 27, 2003

  3. There are a number of solutions. First a low heat drymount should not
    damage ink based photos. You can also have your digital photo printed on
    real photo paper. You can also get no-heat not so drymount paper. Spray
    glue may also work well.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jul 27, 2003
  4. Harold Fritsche

    Alan Browne Guest

    Harold Fritsche wrote:
    > When I last enjoyed my photo hobby, it was 25 yrs ago and we mounted our b&w
    > photos with a heat-applied dry mount tissue.
    >
    > I suspect that heat mounting is death to today's inkjet-printed color
    > photos. What are we using to mount photos to poster boards these days?
    >
    > Thx, Harold

    3M have a photomount spray glue that I find easy to work with. They
    have several similar spray adhesive products so make sure you get the
    one that is for photos.

    I also recently tired an Elmer spray product reputedly okay for phots.
    Absolute disaster.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Harold Fritsche

    Don Stauffer Guest

    3M makes a spray-on contact cement very useful for mounting. I use it
    all the time. Many hardware stores and craft stores carry it. It
    specifically lists photo mounting on applications suggestions on label.

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Don Stauffer, Jul 28, 2003