    wide open to selected aperature then back open again, function. Also, will a
    nikkor lens mount to any other camera body without using a special adapter?
    Thanks for any information
    FRbud35, Aug 11, 2003

  2. FRbud35

    Jean Guest

    news:<>...
    > > I have several nikkor lenses and I am wondering if these lenses would

    mount to
    > > one of the nikon DLR 's that accept interchangeable lenses. The lenses

    are more
    > > than 20 years ofd except for a 60mm f/2.8 micro-nikkor AE. I think the

    metering
    > > systems would not match,but if these lenses could mount to the DLR body

    would
    > > that mechinism in the lens and camera body that causes the aperature to

    go from
    > > wide open to selected aperature then back open again, function. Also,

    will a
    > > nikkor lens mount to any other camera body without using a special

    adapter?
    > > Thanks for any information

    > Virtually all AF, AIS, AI, and AI'd Nikon lenses can be attached to
    > current Nikon DSLRs. Most of the lenses I use on my D1x are at least
    > 10-20 years old, and several are 30+ years old. You can mount Nikon
    > lenses to Canon EOS cameras, but you do have to use a mechanical
    > adapter.

    My daughter just bought a Canon 10D and I have a bunch of preset lenses
    which I used on my Canon FtB. Fortunately, my lenses were all "t" mount so
    I bought a "t" mount to EOS adapter and they fit just right. Focus is hard
    to do but the results are quite rewarding, my old 500mm f6,3 lens is now an
    800mm f6,3 lens (1.6x factor). A little internet search can be a revelation
    for obsolete or what is tought to be obsolete equipment.

    Jean
    Jean, Aug 13, 2003