    Would be handy if they could set up a webcam on the summit. Always wanted to
    climb Everest but I can't be bothered leaving my computer :)

    Lodi
    Lodi, Oct 29, 2010

  2. Lodi

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:25:59 +1300, Lodi wrote:

    > Would be handy if they could set up a webcam on the summit. Always
    > wanted to climb Everest but I can't be bothered leaving my computer :)

    So take it with you. :p

    Sweetpea, Oct 29, 2010

  3. Lodi

    Malone Guest

    Great that Mt Everest has access to a 3G mobile network.

    I'm still waiting for NZ telecom companies to get any mobile coverage to me, 70km from the centre of Auckland.

    And they say NZ has a Third World telecom infrastructure. That's a compliment....
    Malone, Oct 30, 2010
  4. Lodi

    Richard Guest

    On 30/10/2010 6:47 p.m., Malone wrote:

    > Great that Mt Everest has access to a 3G mobile network.
    >
    > I'm still waiting for NZ telecom companies to get any mobile coverage to me, 70km from the centre of Auckland.
    >
    > And they say NZ has a Third World telecom infrastructure. That's a compliment....

    NZ has some of the best mobile coverage of anywhere.

    If you dont get covered, you are in the 3% that will probably never be
    covered. Live with it, or move out of an area that is not profitable to
    serve.
    Richard, Oct 30, 2010
  5. In article <iafe55$3nv$>, Lodi <> wrote:
    >http://tinyurl.com/26bs3c7
    >
    >Would be handy if they could set up a webcam on the summit. Always wanted to
    >climb Everest but I can't be bothered leaving my computer :)

    I saw that ... and found it incredibly dissappointing and sad. Surely going
    to those sorts of places is at least partially a way to escape from that
    techy stuff. <sigh>
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 8, 2010
  6. Lodi

    BrianM Guest

    On Oct 30, 7:25 am, Lodi <> wrote:
    > http://tinyurl.com/26bs3c7
    >
    > Would be handy if they could set up a webcam on the summit. Always wanted to
    > climb Everest but I can't be bothered leaving my computer :)
    >
    > Lodi

    they could also put a public phone box on the summit with the amount
    of traffic
    going up and down, with some of them going up and never coming down.
    They could also incorporate a ski rope tow - shorten the risk in the
    death zone.
    There is less traffic at peak hour on the Ak motorway.
    BrianM
    BrianM, Nov 8, 2010