Motorola USB Modem Driver now permits full USB speed

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ken Yates@yahooken.com, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    I thought that this might be of interest here, as its for Motorola Cell Phones.

    The latest version of the Motorola USB modem driver at
    <http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/Handset_USB_Driver/>
    [registration required but free]
    now permits full USB speed to be selected (e.g., 12,000,000 bits per
    second on my ancient ThinkPad 600 which only has USB 1.1), rather than
    the previous limit of 960,000 bits per second).

    This can be an advantage with new high-speed data services (HSDPA, EV-DO
    Rev A) and to reduce latency even on slower services. It can also make
    things like file transfer, syncing, and backup/restore much faster.

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>

    Ken , Apr 6, 2007