    higgledy Guest

    Does anyone know how to connect a PC to a Motorola DVR that is supplied
    by the cable company?

    higgledy, Jul 25, 2005

  2. higgledy

    Morgan Guest

    "higgledy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know how to connect a PC to a Motorola DVR that is supplied
    > by the cable company?

    I've googled this on and off for more than a year and have found some
    conversations with a Moto/Moxi development guy. Apparently, almost all of
    the features people want are turned off by the cable company, not Motorola.
    I have Adelphia in Southern California, and nothing but the DVR works on my
    box. But to answer your question, I have never found anything online to
    connect a PC to a Moto DVR.

    Hope that helps.

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 25, 2005

  3. higgledy

    higgledy Guest

    Yeah, I too noticed the complete void of information on the Internet
    about DVRs. I have Adelphia too.

    What surprises me is Adelphia and Motorola have both done such a great
    job at supressing this information. Even Stars Wars was leaked
    pre-release! You would think that one ex-employee of either company
    would post them manual somewhere?

    higgledy, Jul 25, 2005
  4. higgledy

    Billy Joe Guest

    > Does anyone know how to connect a PC to a Motorola DVR that
    > is supplied by the cable company?

    Yes, but not digitally. Does it come as a great surprise that the movie
    industry (and the cable suppliers of their product) do not want to
    facilitate digital copying?

    For my tuppence, the Adelphia/Motorola offering suffers most from the 80 gig
    drive, which is barely 5 hours of HDTV - this in NOT a PDVR by any stretch
    of the imagination!! Fortunately, there is hardly ever anything broadcast
    on HDTV that's worth extraordinary effort.

    Have I sent mine back?? No ;-0)

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Jul 27, 2005
  5. higgledy

    JazzGuyy Guest

    There's a ton of information on this at this location:
    www.avsforum.com Do a search for Motorola DVRs.

    JazzGuyy, Jul 27, 2005