    Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
    performance
    thank you in advance
    huss, May 20, 2009

  2. huss

    Baron Guest

    huss Inscribed thus:

    > Hi
    > I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
    > GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
    > ALBERTON :3 SERIES
    > N force :650i ultra
    > Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
    > performance
    > thank you in advance

    My personal preference is Gigabyte first, Nforce second. I wouldn't
    touch the other one.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, May 20, 2009

  3. huss

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <gv0rir$6r0$-september.org>, Baron <baron.nospa
    > scribeth thus
    >huss Inscribed thus:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
    >> GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
    >> ALBERTON :3 SERIES
    >> N force :650i ultra
    >> Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
    >> performance
    >> thank you in advance

    >My personal preference is Gigabyte first, Nforce second. I wouldn't
    >touch the other one.

    Second that...
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, May 20, 2009
  4. "tony sayer" <> wrote in message
    > In article <gv0rir$6r0$-september.org>, Baron <baron.nospa
    > > scribeth thus
    >>huss Inscribed thus:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
    >>> GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
    >>> ALBERTON :3 SERIES
    >>> N force :650i ultra
    >>> Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
    >>> performance
    >>> thank you in advance

    >>My personal preference is Gigabyte first, Nforce second. I wouldn't
    >>touch the other one.
    >>

    > Second that...
    > --
    > Tony Sayer

    I think I third that ...

    I recently -- maybe one month ago -- suffered a motherboard and HDD crash at
    the same time. I took a drive to my local Fry's to get the deal-of-the-day,
    a BioStar motherboard and CPU combination. I ended going home with a
    GIGABYTE M61PME-S2P ($50) and 4G of RAM ($50 - $25 mail-in rebate). One
    reasonably minor problem with a low cost motherboard such as this is that
    there is only one IDE slot.

    In any case, except for the IDE limitation, the mother board is way faster
    than the one it replaced.
    Jeff Strickland, May 20, 2009
  5. huss

    Paul Guest

    huss wrote:
    > Hi
    > I want to buy new motherboard and i found these brands
    > GIGABYTE : EP45T-UD3R
    > ALBERTON :3 SERIES
    > N force :650i ultra
    > Which of them you think worth to buy for power saving and good
    > performance
    > thank you in advance

    I think the second one could be "Albatron".

    PXP35 and PXG33 - these would be "3 series"
    http://www.albatron.com.tw/public/Images/News/EN/2007/news20070814_02.gif

    PXP35
    http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/product/mb/pro_detail.asp?rlink=Specification&no=256

    PXG33
    http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/product/mb/pro_detail.asp?rlink=Overview&no=251

    The PXG33 has built-in graphics, which are fine for office applications,
    but no good for gaming. If you play 3D games with the computer, then you'll
    need a separate video card for that.

    I would pick the Gigabyte board, as you're likely to get more support.
    (More people own Gigabyte boards, and if you have questions, it may be
    easier to get answers.)

    It could also be, that Albatron makes the "Nforce 650i Ultra" board
    as well. Your third item might be this one.

    http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/product/mb/pro_detail.asp?rlink=Specification&no=243

    My choice would be

    1) If I'm installing a separate video card, I pick EP45T-UD3R.
    Gigabyte may be in business longer, to provide warranty support.

    2) If I do not plan to use a video card, and the G33 graphics
    output is good enough, then maybe the Albatron PXG33 would be OK.
    The PXP35 would offer you no benefits, by comparison (no built-in
    graphics), so if I had to choose between PXP35 and EP45T-UD3R,
    I'd pick the Gigabyte one.

    *******

    As for power dissipation, I would pick my motherboard :) The chipset
    on this motherboard, does not get hot. But neither is the motherboard
    high performance. It has slow memory, a bad BIOS, and cannot take
    FSB1333 processors. FSB1066 is as fast as it goes. But if I was
    in a contest, to save electrical power, this is what I would use.
    I run an Intel E4700 2.6Ghz/FSB800/L2 2MB processor in it. You'll
    notice, that the heatsink on the Northbridge, is not very big.
    I would not overall recommend this motherboard, unless you're
    on a really low budget.

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0&s=

    HTH,
    Paul
    Paul, May 20, 2009
  6. huss

    huss Guest

    Thank you all . Hope to talk in another event.
    huss, May 21, 2009