    Not the bleeding edge, have to stay within budget.

    Recommendations.

    Thanks

    Kue2, Jun 1, 2009

  2. Kue2

    David B. Guest

    Asus P5E works well, but without knowing the CPU and such that you want to
    use...

    David B., Jun 1, 2009

  3. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    Mid priced mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 (mine)
    Low priced mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 (my son)
    Both are Vista and Win 7 capable.
    Latest BIOSes updates upgrade them to Phenom II x4.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 1, 2009
  4. Kue2

    Carol Steele Guest

    Depends on which processor you are going for. The latest Intel i7 cpu's use
    a new spec for motherboards - so without knowing which processor you are
    intending to purchase any recommendations are completely meaningless.

    I have an Intel i7 920 which I am running on a Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
    motherboard (one of their higher end mobos with 10 SATA ports and twin
    on-board LAN's. This board is great (for me and my purposes), however, there
    are cheaper versions of this board available if you don't require this degree
    of future proofing.

    Carol Steele, Jun 2, 2009
  5. All of the i7 motherboards are going to put you on the bleeding edge
    pricewise at this point, I'm afraid. Both the procs and the mobos are
    expensive. Motherboards are coming down (I've seen a couple in the 150-200
    USD range) but that's still pretty expensive.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 2, 2009
  6. I like this suggestion, though I'd also look at the Asus boards in this
    range.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 2, 2009
  7. Hi,
    i would recommend one in a rectangular shape,
    because most pc-cases are the same.

    jk

    ;-))

    Juergen Kluth, Jun 6, 2009