    S754 64bit. Can I use any fitting the description? Would I be able to
    use my old cooling fan and would I have to buy cooling grease?

    Thanks
    teak, Apr 18, 2007

  2. teak

    Adebisi Guest

    On Apr 17, 9:16 pm, teak <> wrote:
    > I am about to replace a motherboard, MATX, it calls for AMD socket
    > S754 64bit. Can I use any fitting the description? Would I be able to
    > use my old cooling fan and would I have to buy cooling grease?
    >
    > Thanks

    I assume you mean "micro ATX". I am also assuming you need a new mobo
    to work with your old processor, so go to the manufacturer website,
    and check to see if your old processor is specifically supported by
    the mobo you want before you order.

    You can use your old fan if you are using the same old processor,
    sure. But since you are mucking around in there anyway, its agood
    time to clean away the old CPU heatsink grease and apply new stuff.
    That stuff doesn't work forever.
    Adebisi, Apr 18, 2007

  3. teak

    Adebisi Guest

    While you are at it you may want to be sure your new mobo supports the
    type of video card you are currently using (AGP, PCI-E, etc..) and the
    type of RAM you are currently using.

    Adebisi, Apr 18, 2007