    motherboard and won't boot. Chaintech says this board will take 4 chips
    up to 4Mbs. Any thoughts on this one? By the way, what the hell is with
    all this spam from kashumoto_tokugawa?

    JTJersey, Nov 8, 2006

  2. JTJersey

    bmoag Guest

    Have you carefully examined the slots to make sure none are damaged?
    Also sometimes it is more difficult to seat RAM into slots that have not
    been previously used. They may look like they are properly seated although
    they are not.
    Failure to boot with beeps like that usually indicates some kind of
    short/misinstalled peripheral.
    If the new RAM works in the old slots then as you surmise the RAM is
    probably not defective, although defective RAM is more common than most
    people think.

    bmoag, Nov 9, 2006